This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Magic Mountain losing share to Disneyland

From the Daily News (full story available at: http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_3973919)

"As its corporate owner contemplates a sale of the thrill park, the future of Magic Mountain may hinge on its ability to attract customers like the Pearsons. The Castaic family lives a short drive away from Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor. But instead of making that drive, they bought a season pass for Disneyland in Anaheim.
    It's been a decade since Laura Pearson visited Magic Mountain. But Pearson, whose children are 11 and 13, has heard things about the 17-roller-coaster park.
    "What I've heard is that it's not a great place for kids. ... Not the cleanest place in the world," she said.
    "When you walk into the Disneyland park everything is clean. There's people working continuously, they have a smile on their face - you feel safe there."
    Six Flags Inc., Magic Mountain's corporate owner, is trying hard to attract families like the Pearsons."

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain losing share to Disneyland

Interesting article. Amazing. SF wants to sell it and suddenly the general public is joining the bandwagon.

I mean people have been saying this for years, and suddenly it is real news. Kinda like SFoG's persona to the local ATLiens.

Comment

Wow. That is quite an interesting article. SF might sell Magic Mountain? Well, this should be interesting. I like what that family said about Disneyland. I agree with them. Six Flags Magic Mountain is only a fun place to go because their coasters and that's it.

Comment

Six Flags Is A Lost Cause I Think The Buyers Should Just Demolish The Place Completely And With The Land Build A Medival Theme Park With Dragons And Knights And Such!! Now That Would Be Cool!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have only been to MM once, and that was about 3 years ago. The only reason I went was because I had a pass I got for Marine world and I got in free at MM. It was a week day in oct. only about a third of the rides were open, and It was a dump, rude workers, dirty grounds it was a really bad trip. my question is why should I go back? the time to fix things is when things are working, not when they are broken. MM lost me as a customer the first time I went there!
          THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

You see, I have always had a good experiance at MM... the only thing I didn't like was it was on a mountain... However, I must admit I haven't been recently... the last time I was there was, gosh, summer of 95... Yeah, it is a trip down amnisia lane too...

I don't think I had that great of a time come to think of it, but I didn't hold it against Six Flags, just who I went with...
            Check out my other blog:

Comment

Magic Mountain lost it when they decided to go on that stupid coaster war with Cedar Fairs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X