Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Got Rid Of The Dinosaur Ride At Knotts!!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Like that mine ride...lol Dis sad to see dinosours go it was fun while it lasted alas maybe they will do something alot better with the space.. Knotts to me is geitng boreing lol
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

Good riddance to Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, I say. My two most-missed attractions in any theme park - Knott's Beary Tales and the motorcycle chase.

If we're asking Knott's folks for things, how about fixing Ghostrider? I used to love that ride, but the last time I went on it, it was so incredibly bumpy and rough that I spent almost the entire ride trying to minimize as much as possible the pain that it was causing me. It used to be such a smooth ride. I know it's a woody, but so is Colossus, and that's not even close to being as bad (at least the last time I rode it a couple years ago).

Comment

I miss the soapbox racers as well as the their version of the Autopia with the little Model T cars that was located near the soapbox racers. I also miss the parachute drop.

Comment

You guys are all joking right?

The ride has been gone for months now, and your just now noticing???

This was worse than Monster Plantation at SFOG. And that was pretty bad.

Comment

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs holds a real soft-spot in my heart, in the fact that it was the First theme park attraction that I can fully recall riding.

It will be missed.
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Knotts has to make money and it can not do it by Themeing and doing the Disney thing, they tryed and failed. With out haunt the park would of been dead along time ago. Now since Cedar Fair came in they are doing what they do best and what will bring in the money, thrill rides. There is only one disney and there to close to it so why even try. I think haveing a thrill park is the best idea ever, bring the Disney thrill seekers over fo a day. The only other option is Magic Mountian and thats 1 hour away and to far for most who come to visit Disney.
              sigpic

Comment

I am glad to see the Dinosaurs go for it was sad to see how bad the attraction had turned into in regards to maintenence. I hope that Cedar Fairs puts in some kind of dark ride and not another roller coaster. Knott's used to be a great park to walk around and shop and ride a few rides here and there, it was unique. Now it is turning into another thrill park, how sad.

Comment

i hated Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, only because it replaced Knott's Bear-y Tales. I have fond memories of that ride, and the boysenberry smell inside. yum

Comment

That's so sad! I adored that ride, although it did start to "fall apart" towards the end there. The whole experience dwindled when they connected all the cars into one big train! But Knott's is a theme park that focuses on THRILLS, whereas a the Disney Parks focus on entertainment and a more "Magical" family experience. So I can understand them wanting to use that space for another coaster! Personally I LOVE coasters so i say more power to them!
                    All Hail Space Mountain!!! :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                      They got rid of the Soapbox Racer ride too. That was a long time ago but lots of fun.
                      Yeah the Soapbox Racers and the Motorbike Race was FUN. I miss both of those rides.

Comment

I truly miss the soapbox racers. A group of us would go to Knotts religiously the day after school got out through elementary school and our rides we HAD to go on at least twice were Soapbox Racers, Parachute Drop, and Kingdom of the Dinos. I'm crushed, they've finally gotten rid of all of the rides I loved. Why don't they just get rid of Jaguar, because that roller coaster really does no good and takes up a good plot of land.
                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I know first hand that they were purposefully trying to get rid of that ride a long time ago. It highly unlikely they are going to replace it with a dark ride as they seem to like to shop around many of the coaster companies out there to see what's "hot". But my best guess is that due to the amount of limited space there, they are probably going to get a hold of ride that just fills the extra space such as a ride you may see at a county fair.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                            This was worse than Monster Plantation at SFOG. And that was pretty bad.
                            Please don't remind me of Monster Plantation. Other than the air conditioning, that is one awful ride! When I lived in Atlanta, I had an AP just because it was the only amusement park there. And I nearly cried tears of happiness when I got back to Magic Mountain. I found out quickly it was worth the 7 hours drive to Disney World and the AP price there. I never liked Kingdom of the Dinosaurs, but then again, I remember the Beary Tales, Motorcycle Chase, Jungle Island where there is now a parking lot. I haven't been since they took out the church and chapel. Definitely won't be the same. I still like it better than Universal Hollywood though.

Comment

This really lays an egg. There's already too damn many county fair type rides at the park as it stands. They should clear out some more space, and build a coaster/dark ride. That would be an unexpected move for this off-the-shelf county fair park (for all intents and purpises).
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Does anyone have any definitive info on what's replacing Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X