This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knotts Photos - about 1960

It's been about 5 years since I've been to Knott's. Reading this forum, I think the next time I visit, it will be very different from what I remember. While searching through some old photos, I found these. They were taken about 1960. I hope you enjoy them.

Is it still there?

My mom at the Mystery Shack.

Me (on the right) and my brothers.

Me driving a Model T. (It looks like I actually think I'm steering! :lol: )
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

The Bird Cage Theater is still there, and is used during the Holidays for Christmas plays.

The Organ that is on the left of the photo has been moved to the right side, and is in front now.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Organ? That's a Tangley Air Calliope (pronounced kally ope). Many years ago they actually had a genuine steam calliope, which was gone by the early 1950's.From what I've been able to gather, it's old lap seam boiler had what us steam people call a catastrophic failure.

Comment

Hey - great pics. They brought back memories I had of driving those cars (they were in the Mexican area. I have color pictures somewhere I think.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I really like Knotts Berry Farm but is it going the way of Magic Moutain now, I see gangbangers there alot now...

Raise ticket prices or sell Knotts to Disneyland...
          Come to the dark side,
          we have cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DooDah
            I really like Knotts Berry Farm but is it going the way of Magic Moutain now, I see gangbangers there alot now...

Raise ticket prices or sell Knotts to Disneyland...
            I haven't seen the gangbangers.... I really lke Knott's, and they do a great job...

Haven't been to SFMM in awhile, but will be there on Friday...
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Mystery Shack my eyes are tearing up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X