X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official: Magic Mountain (and 5 other parks) are for sale:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...345#post866345

Like I said in the other thread, after spending 3 hours at the park on saturday and leaving with a headache and upset stomach ... I'm less concerned with this.

Went this morning with the kids, had a REALLY awesome time, but it had little to do with the park. Sat down had a frozen lemonade and watched the inept Tatsu crew take 7 or 8 minutes between dispatches.

That's unacceptable.

Photo TR to come later (most likely tomorrow)

Re: It's Official: Magic Mountain (and 5 other parks) are for sale:

Sad news. I'm glad I got to go, though, about 2 weeks ago.

It was fun - MM has a lot of potential. I hope it just doesn't turn into more God-damn homes.

Comment

lol, oh and I agree - the Tatsu team is soooooooooooo slow. But then again, all the people working there are slow - especially on Riddler's Revenge.

Comment

Marine World up here in Vallejo is probably going to be closing too. All the merchandise they have which says 'Six Flags' on it is 50-70% off, and they are tearing down all of their coasters.
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

^ They are tearing down one ... which never was open anyway.

The reason they are selling the SFMW merchandise cheap is because the park is going to have a new name next year. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Comment

Good to know about the parks name change. I didn't know that. The coaster that they dismantled though is Golaith, and it was open for a while (about 1 - 2 years).

Comment

^ They didn't have a Goliath at Marine World. The coaster they are tearing down is/was called Zonga.

Also, I'm hearing from a pretty credible source that the park has already been sold and will be closing in October.

We shall see though.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                ^ They didn't have a Goliath at Marine World. The coaster they are tearing down is/was called Zonga.

Also, I'm hearing from a pretty credible source that the park has already been sold and will be closing in October.

We shall see though.

Oops, you're right. Zonga is the name of it. Goliath is down in SFMM.

Comment

Sir Clinks...by park sold you are talking SFMM??? Jesus, poor Tatsu, what a waste of 34 million.

Comment

^Selling it doesn't mean its going to close permanently.

Comment

Also, these rides are tinker toys. They can easily be taken down, resized (due to terrain), and placed elsewhere.

There are only Paramount and Cedar as reasonably logical partners, unless Time/Warner wants to get back into the game.

I don't see how $2 billion in debt gets repaid back in the long run (infinity?) without SFMM as a major near-year-round cash-flow cow. Dig a grave for the rest of SF. Oh, and sell whatever shares you have left. Let someone else get a -100% return.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                        Sir Clinks...by park sold you are talking SFMM??? Jesus, poor Tatsu, what a waste of 34 million.
                        Yes. And from what I heard it was sold and will be CLOSING in October.

I can see some rides getting relocated, some definately cannot.

I didn't think Tatsu could be relocated, but after looking at it today I think it can. It's so high up on the hill, doesn't really go into the "terrain" at all like Gold Rusher, Ninja or Revolution and can probably be placed elsewhere.

At least I'd hope so.

Comment

from what i understand, there is an oil field near sfmm. which leads me to believe that this land canNOT be sold for land development.

of course, i could totally be wrong.

i'm sad to see it go, but in all honesty - i hated going there. valenica is just way too hot to put a theme park there, plus all the hills. oy.
                          kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

I really miss the old Marine World... the butterfuly exhibit was/is my favorite.... I haven't been to MW in at least four years though... Do they still have the Butteryfly exhibit?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

^ I'm not sure about that one.

We were there last year but only for a few hours. A whole bunch of schools showed up.

But I don't remember seeing a Butterfly exhibit on the map anywhere.

Anybody else been there more recently and know the answer?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X