X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frecky
    replied
    Re: Which Halloween Event are YOU going to?

Gen of da Sea and I are goin to the Queen Mary Shipwreck tomorrow night!

Leave a comment:

• TikiRoomLiz
    replied

I've gone to Knott's and it scared the heck out of me, I kept hiding behind my boyfriend's back the whole time I was there and screaming. I wanted to go this year, but my broken leg is still healing and I was concerned that I'd try to run or something (forgetting I had a broken leg) and hurt myself. So, decided to take my chance on MHT.

This will be my first time going to MHT and DCA, so I'm looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• waynejenn69
    replied

My wife & I are going to Universal Horror Nights on the 13th, and Knott's scary farm on the 20th. She's looking to hookup with a 20'sh dude or dudes for some partying after the event.

Leave a comment:

• evil mommie
    replied

Originally posted by mkm1998 View Post
    I'm assuming they haven't changed the law, unless anyone tells me otherwise, but it's illegal for any of the actors to touch you. <snip>

So yea, you shouldn't be afraid of that. But do expect them to get up all in your face and make you think they're gonna lunge at you.
    We were at Haunt this weekend (Knott's) and had a few close calls with the monsters. They were in great form, making the scares happen! One leaned in on my shoulder in order to snarl in my ear and then on another occasion, I ran into a monstie trying to get away from another. My friends and I were laughing hysterically. No harm, no foul.

Haunt Rocks!

Leave a comment:

• pveticket
    replied

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
    Does anyone over age 25 ever attend Knotts Scary Farm?
    My dad and his friends have been going since I was born
    They are now 46

Leave a comment:

• SpookyBear
    replied

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I'm REALLY looking forward to Halloween Horror Nights at USH. They really have the potential to blow Knott's out of the athmosphere. The Backlot is creepy during the daytime, let alone at night... And we get to walk around too? Freaking. Sweet.
    All I can go off is HHN here at USO, but if it's going to be anything like that as USH I think you will be impressed. They really pull out all the stops both in the "streetmosphere" and in the houses. I've never been to Knott's though, so I can't compare the two.

I'm very excited this year though because at USO they are bringing back some houses from previous years since it's their "Sweet Sixteen". They are bringing back the Psycho/Norman Bates house and I'm so excited!

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

I'll be going to Knott's twice. I'll be showing off my car with my club on Scion Night on October 18th, and I'll be going next Wed.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Halloween Horror Nights at USH. They really have the potential to blow Knott's out of the athmosphere. The Backlot is creepy during the daytime, let alone at night... And we get to walk around too? Freaking. Sweet.

Leave a comment:

• mkm1998
    replied

I'm assuming they haven't changed the law, unless anyone tells me otherwise, but it's illegal for any of the actors to touch you.

It's kinda a legend down here in San Diego how I know about that. There was this haunted house set up that offered to give you all your money back if you could 'survive' the entire house and all 25 or something rooms. Apparently they did a good job of scaring the heck outta people so they didn't get very far. But apparently if you did manage to get into the last couple of rooms, they would literaly grab you by the legs and hold you back from progressing. Apparently someone complained and the cops came and shut them down. I think another one in san diego (maybe the del mar fair one) got cited one year for this.

So yea, you shouldn't be afraid of that. But do expect them to get up all in your face and make you think they're gonna lunge at you.

I've been waiting ever since Universal ended theirs for it to come back. I'm planning my trip up there now. How can you beat exiting the tram and walking around the back lot? That's a once in a lifetime experience right there.

Leave a comment:

• JtnOrl
    replied

Originally posted by runswithscissors View Post
    to those who have been to halloween horror nights/any halloween event like it, how can one survive the night? CAN SOMEONE MAKE ME A SURVIVAL GUIDE?!
    HHN Survival Guide

Tip #1 - Don't die.

Does that suffice? To answer your question, no, the scareactors are not allowed to touch you. Not at UO, at least...

I'll be attending the original HHN, like usual, and possibly BGA's Howl-o-Scream as well. I'll probably skip MNSSHP this year.

Leave a comment:

• runswithscissors
    replied

i'm planning on going to universal with a few friends, however i'm having second thoughts.

to those who have been to halloween horror nights/any halloween event like it , how can one survive the night? CAN SOMEONE MAKE ME A SURVIVAL GUIDE?! haha, and i was wondering if the scareactors touch/grab guests.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Not really into 'non disney parks' and Knott's Halloween Haunt frustrates me.

Leave a comment:

• SingingAngel7242
    replied

SCARY FARM! all the way! got a giant group goin to... AH! I'm scared! hehehe

Leave a comment:

• SpookyBear
    replied

I'll be going to Halloween Horror Nights here at USO.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

We will be going to Knotts and also to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween at WDW.

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

Knotts Halloween Haunt
    Universal Studios Halloween thing
    Mickey's Halloween Treat

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied

Also check out the Haunted Vineyard in Ontario!

Leave a comment:

• eeyore'snumber1fan
    replied

I will be going to HOS at BGT. Work all the weekend selling food and 32 yard beer. woooohoooooo. NOT!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mustang61777
    replied

When I heard that Halloween Horror nights was coming back, I just couldn't resist and bought my ticket right away. I've been to Knotts and Freight Fest. Those places are ok but overcrowded due to AP'ers at Six Flags. Knotts however is just a halloween tradition. I'm very glad Universal brought this event back. It's so much fun and can get very scary. What's even more interesting that you'll be able to roam around the backlot. Anybody going on Friday the 13th?

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied

Which Theme park will I be haunting for October?

Knotts Scary Farm... Actually I will be doing the Haunting because I work there so please stop in to the maze Terrorvision and say "HI" to fellow Micechatter Pumpkinking! I am in the "I Loathe Lucy" section of the maze. Oh and to answer the question from a few posts above... Many people over the age of 25 work and attend Knotts Scary Farm! My friends mother goes every year and she is in her 60's and has a blast every year!

Leave a comment:

• KickTheSky
    replied

I live in Wisconsin and I flew out to LA a couple of years ago JUST for Haunt at Knott's The reputation alone brought me out there and it was well worth it. I met up with a few coaster enthusiasts friends from SoCal and we all had a blast. I am 38 and my wife is 34 and it was just fine for us. We love Knott's almost as much as Disney, so it was an easy decision to do a vacation just for Knott's.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X