Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

09/21/22 Our way to London and Thorpe Park UK !

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09/21/22 Our way to London and Thorpe Park UK !

Here we go . we are on our way to Calais ( North of France ) .

After 3 Hours drive we arrived to Calais . This place is mostly known to cross the channel by Ferry or Eurotunnel .

Once we were there we had to get off the coach and show our Passport to the UK Authority Control .

20 Minutes after it was our time to get on the ferry to Dover UK .

Once on the ferry we on the Third Deck outside . Our weather was clear so we can see England from France .

see this picture to see how close are UK from France .

And then here we go to the United Kingdom . 40mins after our departure from Calais we had a nice view of the English Coast at the middle of the channel . We're almost there .

Our crossing from Calais to Dover was almost an hour and we're finally arrived to Dover .

Once arrived in UK the first diference between France and UK is the driving . The British drive on the left and the first 30 minutes it's very confusing .

Once we arrvied to London around 7pm we headed to our Hostel and went to City Center to so some sightseen .

The Day After a street away from we we stayed .

Thorpe Park Entrance

Colossus : this coaster has the world record of Inversions .

Tidal Wave this ride get you so wet but i didn't want to ride on it because the weather was cloudy and rainy .

After walking around that ride we rode on X No way Out a Backward indoor roller Coaster . I was suprise because this ride was operational because it's supposed to be closed very soon .

And then we went to ride on Stealth . It's the smaller Clone of Kingda Ka at SFGadv . This ride was AWESOME i can't wait to ride on Kingda Ka right now .

In the STEALTH Queue line there was a paper to stick your shewing gum .

While this ride was closed this afternoon there were doing to Ride Test before to Reopen the ride . I shooted a short video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPEd-TKQSRw

An then we had a Rain Storm for almost an hour . So we went to see Pirates 4D it"s a nice 4D but it's too bad to get soaked in that 4D when it's raining outside .

look how was the park during the rain .

After the RainStorm we waited near Nemesis Inferno their Inverted RollerCoaster made by B&M . they had a few Test Trains after they reopened .

And then we left the park around 5.30pm because the park closed at 5pm we went back to London and spent the night there by walking on the streets .

The day After Chessington World Adventure !
    Last edited by DLRP_bopazot; 09-26-2006, 02:00 PM.
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: 09/21/22 Our way to London and Thorpe Park UK !

Hey I was just in Dover in May! You had a MUCH prettier day than we did though Cant wait to see more picts!!

Comment

more pictures added

Comment

Thanks for sharing! None of the Intamin throne?

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
          Thanks for sharing! None of the Intamin throne?
          What do you mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
            What do you mean ?
            I assume he means the dubious reputation Intamin has because their rides have a *lot* of breakdowns.

Nice report btw. I spend 2 weeks touring UK parks this summer, and it's nice to see some of them here now

I really loved colossus, ignoring the far too slow inline twists that is.
            Ad luna in flamma gloria

Comment

/\ No apparently on Colossus there is a place where the supports all come together like giant throne (seat).

Comment

I was surprised that all Intamin on that day worked very nice . I first was surprised that Stealth was opened i've heard on many UK boards that this ride is broken down very very often .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X