Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you ride Colossus 'backwards' for 13 straight hours?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you ride Colossus 'backwards' for 13 straight hours?

Got this email from SFMM this morning in case anybody is interested.

Re: Can you ride Colossus 'backwards' for 13 straight hours?

guess the parks not closing this year then... :botox:
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Comment

I rode that about 10 years ago - and it was pretty rough - 13 hours is a long time.
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I've always wanted to do a roller coaster marathon.

I'd much rather do this than eat a raw cockroach....
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Contests like this aren't unusual...but that doesn't seem like much of a prize for 13 hours of riding.

Comment

I couldn't because I can't do backwards coasters. The backwards screws me up so much.

Comment

With the God awful shape they keep that thing in, that would be tough!

Comment

I could do it, but not for anything less then a car!! oh yeah, this old bag could do it

Comment

I just called and asked for seats for Lisa and Myself...

And I like the "Jason" offer...

Anybody who can show ID that says there first name is "Jason" gets in free after 3 PM on Friday, October 13th...

And as for the Marathon prizes, the prizes are worth over $400, not bad....
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Hmm - I dunno. 13 hours on that teeth-and-bone rattler seems like an awful long time to win a pair of season passes and the Fright Fest VIP access.
                    She did it!

Comment

If anyone can do it, Darkbeer can.

Comment

I probably could, but I have to do the whole working thing....my job is a tad more important than passes.........
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
                          Hmm - I dunno. 13 hours on that teeth-and-bone rattler seems like an awful long time to win a pair of season passes and the Fright Fest VIP access.
                          yeah, its not worth itt for season passes, I am not there to use them, but for a car, oh heck yeah!!! good luck dave and Lisa, I am rooting for you both!!!

Comment

I could od it but i'd barf(ownz) about 30 gallons.

Comment

I would so do this ... if:

I wasn't flying home from Indianapolis that morning

It wasn't Colossus. If this was Colossus of 10 years ago it would be an awesome event. But 2 or 3 rides on this ride is enough.

Comment

That sounds painful!

My best score ever!

Comment

As much as I love backwards coasters (or at least the one at King's Island) i'd have to turn down that offer. So not worth it for a season pass, even if it is VIP. Those suckers do hurt after a time or two, I think i'd end up with damage if I tried that.

Good luck to all who do enter.
                                  Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I could probably do it.

Comment

Just got the call, Lisa and I are on the list....

45 minutes on the coaster, then a 15 minute break, repeat another 12 times....
                                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

wow dave I am so excited for you both! I will be sure to root you on there, and I hope you win!!! ( ok I can pray you win, but when you win you owe me a cold drink!! :lol:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X