This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSF or HHN?

So in your opinion, which do you think I should go to this year?

Knotts Scary Farm (i'v been going for about 6 years now)
    Or
    Universal Halloween Horror Nights (never been)

Re: KSF or HHN?

For someone who hasn't seen both, I would recommend Knott's.

But you might want a change.. Knott's is offering two new mazes and a couple of new shows...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
      So in your opinion, which do you think I should go to this year?

Knotts Scary Farm (i'v been going for about 6 years now)
      Or
      Universal Halloween Horror Nights (never been)

I work at Knott's and Honestly, The Halloween Haunt did dissappoint me. Not enough monsters (Knott's is still hiring monsters!!!!!!) and I have a mojor claustorphobia problem so I only was able to survive through 3 1/2 mazes before I had to call it quits. I wasn't afraid of the mazes but the closed in feeling really causes me to have anxiety attacks. Can't even go into the mines at the real Calico Ghost Town without freaking out. A must see though if you do decide on Knott's is the Grudge II House. That maze left me with some very serious creepy feelings. No monsters jump out to scare you BUT the monsters in there do there job more perfectly.
      PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
        I work at Knott's and Honestly, The Halloween Haunt did dissappoint me. Not enough monsters (Knott's is still hiring monsters!!!!!!) and I have a mojor claustorphobia problem so I only was able to survive through 3 1/2 mazes before I had to call it quits. I wasn't afraid of the mazes but the closed in feeling really causes me to have anxiety attacks. Can't even go into the mines at the real Calico Ghost Town without freaking out. A must see though if you do decide on Knott's is the Grudge II House. That maze left me with some very serious creepy feelings. No monsters jump out to scare you BUT the monsters in there do there job more perfectly.
        Which halloween haunt?

Comment

i'd say if you want quality got to Universal, which has more potential to be a better haunt..but if you want quantity go to knotts because they have a lot to do in one night but they somewhat lack a theme. since you been to knotts a lot, go to universal.

Comment

Universal

Comment

i say go to both

while Universal will most likely have an edge quality wise due to their studio backing, they only have 2 mazes and the tram maze/experience (altho i'm not discounting that, its the single biggest thing i'm looking forward to for our annual halloween vacation to so cal)...knotts has the quantity and the passion from having put on their Haunt for 34 years now. Many of the monsters are seasoned vetrans and it shows.

as to the lack of theme statement about knotts....seriously every single scarezone has a theme...every maze is themed throughout....i dunno where you got that idea...altho i do sill have my doubts about the Burlap Mile (anyone who's a Haunt fan (not a guest) will know what i'm talking about)
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

well this is my first time seeing universal here but i was somewhat thinking of flodia's version how it has different themed areas. at knotts yes the mazes are theme but the whole park looks like somewhat the same. Last time i went i saw clownes walking with "monsters"...

Comment

USH's halloween event is no where near the scale of the one at USF....although i do have high hopes that it will be someday as i'm a HUGE fan of anything halloween

bring on the gore
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Which halloween haunt?
                    Hmmmmmmm......I work at Knott's??!!
                    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Maybe a more fair comparison would be between the event in Florida since their HHN is more established than the one in Hollywood..... Hey, there's a good question! For those familiar with both, how does Knott's HH compare to Universal Florida's HHN? Inquiring minds would LOVE to know.:beg: :clap:
                      Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up.

Comment

Which halloween haunt?
                        There is only one halloween haunt. USH is Halloween Horror Nights
                        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by DizneeFanatico View Post
                          Maybe a more fair comparison would be between the event in Florida since their HHN is more established than the one in Hollywood..... Hey, there's a good question! For those familiar with both, how does Knott's HH compare to Universal Florida's HHN? Inquiring minds would LOVE to know.:beg: :clap:

http://hauntedhousemagazine.com/arti...ed_Houses.html

1. Knott’s Scary Farm, Los Angles, California www.knotts.com
                          2. Hallow Scream, Tampa Busch Gardens www.buschgardens.com
                          3. Universal Studios Horror Nights, Orlando, Florida www.universalorlando.com
                          4. Phantom Fright Nights, Kennywood, PA www.kennywood.com
                          5. Six Flags Fright Fest, New Jersey
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I would also say Knott's! It's one of the best in the country if not the best!!!!
                            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

this is like my 6th year going to Knott's... me n my friends made it a point to go every year... The universal one sounded kinda lame... I love knotts! haha

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X