Clear All

• Back To The Future closed at USO !

Does the ride has already closed ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Back To The Future closed at USO !

I'd say so with this Pic:

Comment

What they're going to do with the Building ?

A new IMAX Simulator or something else ?

Comment

But... but... such an awesome ride. I haven't even seen the film.
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

What they're going to do with the Building ?

A new IMAX Simulator or something else ?
          Their have been rumors about a Simpsons ride and their was an earlier idea to have a Fast and Furios ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
            But... but... such an awesome ride. I haven't even seen the film.
            SAY WHAT?!

Get thee to the video rental store... STAT!

I remember seeing the first one in the theatre twice in the same week back in 1985 (or was it 86?). I went on a Sunday with my mom, then I got to go again for a school thing (I was on the Safety patrol and we got to go to a movie once a month).

Comment

Well one half of the ride is...the other half is supposed to be still running for a bit longer.

Comment

The official story: what it's closing? we didn't know that.

the fansites: half of the building is closed, because of this they are down to one theater using all 3 floors... it is open untill sometime in november, appearently they are doing this so they may do a quick switch over to whatever the new attraction will be. if they can get it up and running for testing in december, then BTTF will close completly so they can retheme the interior and such to the new attractin and switch over the other theater...

The new attraction might be up and running in january possibly.

Comment

So sad. I paid my last respects about a week and a half ago and did a couple of farewell rides. I think it's sad that unlike Disney (With POTC, HM and many others), Universal doesn't perserve any of it's rides and just keep tearing down their old ones in favor of newer rides.

Alfred Hitchock Presents = Shrek 4D (I really miss the old one since I am a big Hitchcock fan)

Hanna Barbara = Jimmy Neutron

King Kong = The Mummy

Ghostbusters = Twister

Old Wild West Stunt Show = Fear Factor

The old Psycho House tore down in favor of a bigger children's play area

and now BTTF = ?

On a side note I would love to get my hands on some of the old props from inside the ride like a Flux Capcitor, Hoverboard, or some other little trinket.

Comment

One side is still running, and seemed to be fairly busy according to the ride time board up front. I never went past that part of the park yesterday because I ran out of time, but it seemed to be drawing in the crowds as well as everything else was.

Comment

Bye Bye BTTF, won't miss u.

Comment

thanks for the replies . I'll miss a little bit BTF because i waited almost an hour a few years ago to ride on it .

The ride was still very smooth at that time .

Comment

I'm not sad to see it go, I never liked it. I loved the idea, but the ride is too rough and not synched well enough. It's always made me sick, but then so does star tours. I hope we get a quality replacement that is worthy of what was a ground breaking attraction once. I'll be disapointed with the simpsons or Fast and the Furious, especially FATF, only with the Simpsons because I'm really hoping they'll replace Jimmy Neutron soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                            I'm not sad to see it go, I never liked it. I loved the idea, but the ride is too rough and not synched well enough. It's always made me sick, but then so does star tours. I hope we get a quality replacement that is worthy of what was a ground breaking attraction once. I'll be disapointed with the simpsons or Fast and the Furious, especially FATF, only with the Simpsons because I'm really hoping they'll replace Jimmy Neutron soon.
                            Sadly, I don't think Jimmy Neutron won't be going anywhere soon. It opened not long ago and still can get quite a line. It seems like more and more it will be a Fast and the Furious ride which I will be really dissapointed with.

Comment

Athough I rode this last year in California, I'm not that cluey on the history of the ride: which version is closing down? This is Orlando version we are talking about?

If it is the same as the Hollywood one, then I was fairly disappointed in the ride. As a motion simulator, it is too rough and not entirely covincing as a world within itself. It almost seemed to be an excuse to show a bunch of unrelated scenes, and wasn't in keeping with the themes and values of the movie all that well. I am a HUGE BTTF fan, and simply 'riding' in a Delorean was a huge buzz for me, but I have to say that it was a step-down from other simulators I'd been on, especially compared with Star Tours or Klingon Encounter (Las Vegas Hilton).
                              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X