This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Helsing to close 11/4

Universal studios hollywood has announced that Van Helsing walkthrough will permantley close November 4th to make way for a new attraction, no news on what the new attraction will be, probably another walk-through.

Re: Van Helsing to close 11/4

Yeah, it's run its course...

Comment

I like the walk-throughs, I just wish they were better staffed.
      "Tonight I wash my hands of you
      You set the bar I could not live up to
      Tonight the light is breaking through
      So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
      Zebrahead

Comment

Thank God!
        When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

I hear they are building a new maze based upon... the simpsons..

Comment

Im ok with it closing. The last time I went through it, there was maybe 3 people working in it trying to "scare" people. Was pretty pointless.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
              I hear they are building a new maze based upon... the simpsons..
              Ha! I wish.

Comment

good

i hate that think. almost peed my pants

Comment

Thanks for sharing
                  :crazylegs

Comment

Thanks. Yup, its quite understaffed. Even with House of Horrors, on my trip it still felt understaffed.

Now its time to ponder what's going in next.

Although I will admit Van Helsing was a good improvement over Mummy Maze.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                    -Jurassic Park

Comment

they may take one of the mazed for Halloween horror nights...and move it into the building

Comment

Thank goodness! I went this year and it freaked me out, for some reason the padded floor just scared me and I was holding on to the person I was with for dear life throughout the ride waiting to be scared.

Comment

Universal Studios is such a disapointment. Never wasting my time again.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                            When they do the buy a day get a year free promo I usually go. Its about 45 min from my house, and if theres a day I dont have much to do but want to get out, I can head there and spend a couple hours. But again, Im not crying that they are taking this out.
                            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Universal no-longer has it listed don their site either.... I say that blues brothers should go too and add on to the Van Helsing building and put some type of dark ride there...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                                I agree that Universal is a huge disappointment. But I can't complain seeing as I got the buy-a-day/get-a-year deal. Unfortunately, everything at Universal either seems ridiculously outdated, or just cheap.

Good to see Van Helsing go. The one and only time I went in it it was understaffed and essentially pointless.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                                  Universal no-longer has it listed don their site either.... I say that blues brothers should go too and add on to the Van Helsing building and put some type of dark ride there...
                                  You mean have Blues Brothers area as a queue and the rest of Van Helsing for a dark ride? And probably theme the outside of the queue building that fits with currently lacking New York Street theme?? That'd be an interesting proposal. Probably have the ride building built with 2 stories so as to make the ride longer. Any idea what ride you'd like to see?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by filmfreak11 View Post
                                    You mean have Blues Brothers area as a queue and the rest of Van Helsing for a dark ride? And probably theme the outside of the queue building that fits with currently lacking New York Street theme?? That'd be an interesting proposal. Probably have the ride building built with 2 stories so as to make the ride longer. Any idea what ride you'd like to see?

no clue.. but not another walkthrough, that is all that place has ever been, perhaps a ride themed to war of the worlds or something, Blues borhters needs to be completely removed and the van helsing building can expand out into where the blues bros. stage used to be to make it somewhat larger... and keep the same queue area that is already there that wraps around the side of the building.

Comment

A variety of interesting attractions could fit in with the New York theme of the street. War of the Worlds, King Kong, any basic superhero type ride.

Personally, I think the entire upper lot can be redone. Maybe even move the enterence a little closer to the globe fountain in order to add a tad more space for attractions.

3-4 good-sized E-tickets could go in the area of Nickelodeon, Shrek 4-D and Back to the Future. Then you have the chunk of land where the Flinstones Carnival, Animal Actors Stage, and Fear Factor now sit. Personally, I would love a horror ride using the giant castle area. Right next to that spot is the Van Helsing walkthrough, and the Wild West Show area. Behind that is the tiny and never used European street, Coke Corner, that theatre I never see open, and Terminator 2.

In my opinion, none of this is really in need of keeping (cept JP). I personally love B2tF, but without a refurb or something drastic, it will just become more and more dated.

One of the biggest complaints about Universal Studios has always been the lack of things to do. I understand that they are in the middle of LA and cannot expand, as well as the fact they cannot expand into the areas needed for film making. But there still seems that they could be able to do so much more. Only 4 attractions on the upper level (Shrek 4D, Terminator 3D, Back to the Future, and Van Helsing), only one of which can even classify as a ride of any sort. Oh, and the tram who now must avoid shooting areas instead of letting the public peak in on the process. The lower lot boasts a whole 4 attractions as well (The Mummy, Jurasic Park, Backdraft, and Special Effects Show). A theme park cannot get by with 8 attractions and a handfull of shows. Universal really needs to squeeze in another 3 attractions and replace nearly all existing ones with more repeatable experiences.
                                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Rumor has it, They are adding flowers and porculine(sp?) deer around the attraction....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X