This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goliath closing?

Is it true that Magic Mountain's Goliath is closing due to too many guest injuries?
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Re: Goliath closing?

No....some guy with a grudge who has created a "watchdog" internet site about supposed ride-injuries got interviewed in the paper and created a minor stir about what they claimed. (That Goliath is a dangerous ride)

According to some full-time park professionals I know that guy is universally laughed at across the board in the industry. No one takes him seriously nor repsects (believes) what he has to say.

Have there been accidents on Goliath? Sure. There have been injuries on about every ride in the world. Carosuels have more injuries than about any other ride out there. So what? Goliath is a strong coaster, but isn't going anywhere. SFMM likely just laughed at that article.

Comment

^ Exactly.

And again, most of the issues I'm sure have to do with a lack of hydration due to high tempuratures at the park.

And yes, the guy is considered a joke, but the thing about Ride Op's talking on Cell-Phones is a valid one.

Although he sure isn't the first person to mention this problem.

Comment

I just went on it yesterday. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Comment

Goliath is one of the smoothest roller coasters i've ever been on..i get shook around a lot more on the Matterhorn than i ever did on it

psst...but i love the Matterhorn more
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I hope the only thing good out of this is that op's quit talking on pell-phones while loading and unloading a coaster. I know if this was at Kings Island or Cedar Point the Op would be fired on spot.

Comment

I'd be happy if they just check to see if our restraints are secured before disbatching the train! I remember riding Jaguar at Knotts with the lap bar not fully down because my legs where in the way. When I got them in position, the bar wouldn't stay down!
              When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X