X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monkey joe
    • Apr 2005

Kings Island Opening Day 2007

Today, was the first day of the season for Kings Island. Now me and my brother didn't make it up until 4:00 p.m., so the park was open for a while. Fourtanely we had gotten our season passes processed early last week and walked right in the park.

Upon entering the park, you can clearly see that most of the Paramount name is has been taken down (Cedair Fair bought all of the Paramount Parks last year). The front logo beside the huge water foundations, know just says "Kings Island", no Paramount. By the logo and foundations, Scooby, Spongebob, Patrick, Blue, Cosmo, Wanda, and Dora could be seen greeting guest. Walking further down International street, you can see that most of the stores have changed alittle bit. For example, the animation store is now " Thrill Seekers", a ride themed apparel and merchandise store.

Once we got down International Street, we headed straight for Rivertown and "The Beast". Unfourtanley, "The Beast" had a two hour wait so we decide to check other rides. Well that didn't work out well, Italian Job, Vortex, and The Racers are all down. So we were kind of in a pickle, we finally decide on Top Gun in Action Zone. Know this is the longest I have had to wait for riding Top Gun. lol.

I am going to add more stuff later and pictures.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello
  • Joshrzmeup
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2006

Re: Kings Island Opening Day 2007

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Today, was the first day of the season for Kings Island. Now me and my brother didn't make it up until 4:00 p.m., so the park was open for a while. Fourtanely we had gotten our season passes processed early last week and walked right in the park.

Upon entering the park, you can clearly see that most of the Paramount name is has been taken down (Cedair Fair bought all of the Paramount Parks last year). The front logo beside the huge water foundations, know just says "Kings Island", no Paramount. By the logo and foundations, Scooby, Spongebob, Patrick, Blue, Cosmo, Wanda, and Dora could be seen greeting guest. Walking further down International street, you can see that most of the stores have changed alittle bit. For example, the animation store is now " Thrill Seekers", a ride themed apparel and merchandise store.

Once we got down International Street, we headed straight for Rivertown and "The Beast". Unfourtanley, "The Beast" had a two hour wait so we decide to check other rides. Well that didn't work out well, Italian Job, Vortex, and The Racers are all down. So we were kind of in a pickle, we finally decide on Top Gun in Action Zone. Know this is the longest I have had to wait for riding Top Gun. lol.

I am going to add more stuff later and pictures.
    Yes, I was there when the park opened yesterday, and was very sad to find that all my favorite rides were down, so I ended up going on Flight Of Fear and Top Gun (which they really need to tear down and re-do, it's not even worth a 10 minute wait).
    I was saddened that the backwards racers were down, that's my favorite ride of all.
    Just getting into the park was a 25 minute wait due to new technology for paying for parking and scanning season passes.
    But Firehawk is coming along really good, looks cool, not that i'd ever go on it, i'm far too chicken.
    I'm going back today to take some pictures then I might make my own TR.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

• Monkey joe
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
      Yes, I was there when the park opened yesterday, and was very sad to find that all my favorite rides were down, so I ended up going on Flight Of Fear and Top Gun (which they really need to tear down and re-do, it's not even worth a 10 minute wait).
      I was saddened that the backwards racers were down, that's my favorite ride of all.
      Just getting into the park was a 25 minute wait due to new technology for paying for parking and scanning season passes.
      But Firehawk is coming along really good, looks cool, not that i'd ever go on it, i'm far too chicken.
      I'm going back today to take some pictures then I might make my own TR.
      I was thinking about going back today but I have other plans. Proably next weekend, I will be back and try to catch the new entertainment.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• Monkey joe
        • Apr 2005

Here are the pictures like I promised,

This is the Eiffel Tower from Nickelodeon Universe. Blue ice cream in the background a.k.a Smurf Berry Ice cream.

Smurf Berry

The Vortex being tested.

Construction of Firehawk a.k.a X Flight.

More photos to come.

Last edited by Monkey joe; 04-22-2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Monkey joe
          • Apr 2005

I will have more pictures later, and on with the trip report. After my brother and me rode Top Gun, we headed for Wings Diner in Rivertown. Now this place is quite a deal, all you can eat and drink for $13.99 for adults. That is not too bad if you compare it to the other resaturants in the park and their prices.

After much rest and food, we headed for the Eiffel Tower. The Tower has been at Kings Island since it opened in 1972. Later on, I will show you the great view that you can from top of there. We all of the park and crowds. It is very interesting to see what is going on from above. Back in the day, could walk up the tower but now only elevators can take you up.

Finally after we got done with the Eiffel Tower, most of the coasters were working again and off to "The Beast", we go. I would say that the line was about 35 minutes long, not too bad for a day like this.As we went forward in the line, some Kings Island Security was spotted. Apparentley a group of people did something wrong on the ride. Fourtanely secruity got everything straighted out with the troublemakers, and we got on the Beast.

Comment

• Touchdown
            Ardent WDW Enthusiast
            • Jan 2007

Cant wait to go down there next Saturday (please oh please be good weather this is my last chance to hit a park for about a month.)

Comment

• Monkey joe
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
              Cant wait to go down there next Saturday (please oh please be good weather this is my last chance to hit a park for about a month.)
              There was some great weather on Satursday. Here hoping, I am proably going on Sunday.

Comment

• sediment
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

Why was there a two-hour wait for The Beast? I mean, beside the fact that it's one of the greatest roller coasters in the world. Opening Day (and people have a Beast Jones for the last 6 months or so)? Other rides are down, so might as well wait for something that's open? Poor capacity (due to Opening Day crew caution)?

Comment

• Monkey joe
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                  Why was there a two-hour wait for The Beast? I mean, beside the fact that it's one of the greatest roller coasters in the world. Opening Day (and people have a Beast Jones for the last 6 months or so)? Other rides are down, so might as well wait for something that's open? Poor capacity (due to Opening Day crew caution)?
                  Aot of reasons like the other big rides being down and it was Boys and Girls Scout Day. Oh yeah, some Christian singing thing at Timberwolf. lol. The Beast crew was having some trouble with some guests as well, security came but took a while to fix the situation.

Comment

• MickeyMoose
                    • Jun 2006

Also my brother forgot to say that Vortex went down while we where in line for the Beast. So everyone in line came over from the Vortex. At the end of the Kings Island had all the rides back up and running. Also SOB has new track where the loop was at.

Comment

• sediment
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

How much has SOB changed? I never got to ride it with the loop. Is it open yet?

Comment

• sediment
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

Ah, just got back from rcdb (roller coaster database). Picture there dated 4/21 shows the loop out, and a track without rails in its place.

Looking for statistics on the fastest, tallest or longest roller coasters? Find it all and much more with the interactive Roller Coaster Database.

Comment

• Monkey joe
                          • Apr 2005

Dora's Sing-A-Long Adventure at The Nickelodeon Theatre

Hot Island Rhythms at International Street Bandstand

Son Of Beast aerial shoot from the Eiffel Tower

The Racers, Flight Of Fear, and Firehawk

Comment

• Monkey joe
                            • Apr 2005

Nick Universe and Rivertown

How many trash cans are there? :lol: ( If you have been to a Cedar Fair Park, you what I mean.)

Top Gun and Son Of Beast

More Son Of Beast
                            Last edited by Monkey joe; 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Monkey joe
                              • Apr 2005

Any photo requests from the park? I have season pass and get some better pictues of some stuff. When I get time to see a show, I will write a review. The Ice show opens June so I am going to that proably. Does anyone want to see where they filmed the episode Of "The Brady Bunch"? lol If you get a chance to see the episode, it is called "Cincinnati Kids a.k.a Kings Island episode", second to last season.

Comment

• sediment
                                Banned User
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                                Any photo requests from the park? I have season pass and get some better pictues of some stuff. When I get time to see a show, I will write a review. The Ice show opens June so I am going to that proably. Does anyone want to see where they filmed the episode Of "The Brady Bunch"? lol If you get a chance to see the episode, it is called "Cincinnati Kids a.k.a Kings Island episode", second to last season.
                                All I remember about that episode is that the final running scene has them all over the park, instead of going straight from where the design plans are found to the main entrance. Complete discontinuity. They're near the front of the park, now they're heading to the back of the park, now they're near the Tower, now they're near the Twin Racer, now....

Comment

• Monkey joe
                                  • Apr 2005

All I remember about that episode is that the final running scene has them all over the park, instead of going straight from where the design plans are found to the main entrance. Complete discontinuity. They're near the front of the park, now they're heading to the back of the park, now they're near the Tower, now they're near the Twin Racer, now....
                                  Yep, lol. Oh Mr.Brady, this map is of Yogi Bear not a design for a new hotel. :lol: The Football game that Greg played is still there but Cedar Fair redid it with a Bengals theme this year.

Comment

• thrax
                                    careful...i'm contagous!
                                    • Aug 2006

what 4-D show do they have there now? last time i was there it was a spongebob show
                                    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

• Touchdown
                                      Ardent WDW Enthusiast
                                      • Jan 2007

Still Spongebob.

Comment

• Joshrzmeup
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Mar 2006

I tried to take some pics of Firehawk construction for a friend, but they wouldn't let me go to the back of Flight Of Fear turnstyles to get good shots

Part of Vortex

When I go this weekend by myself, I plan to take some more pics.
                                        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X