Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Nighttime Zoo and Park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nighttime Zoo and Park

Well The Nighttime Zoo begins next Saturday and the Wild Animal Park started on the 16, anyone plan on going? I will be there probably this coming Saturday at the Zoo and will try to go to the Park in July.

(Oh yeah, just in case you don't know, I mean the San Diego Zoo, and the Wild Animal Park in SD)

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Re: Nighttime Zoo and Park

We plan to go to the WAP (Wild Animal Park) either late June or Early July (before vacation) and maybe again in August. Not sure if I'll make it to the zoo for after dark this year or not. I plan to try, but who knows.

My wife and I went to the WAP Saturday (June 16) for the day (couldn't make it for the evening) and had a great time. It Journey into Africa Tour is different each time, great!

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I'll probably hit both the zoo and the park at least once for the nighttime festivities. It's the best time to see the park in the summer -- it's way too hot otherwise. And the Journey Into Africa Tour is great right around sunset.

I'm doing the Roar'n'Snore on the 30th -- yay!
      My Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by RangerSyl View Post
        I'll probably hit both the zoo and the park at least once for the nighttime festivities. It's the best time to see the park in the summer -- it's way too hot otherwise. And the Journey Into Africa Tour is great right around sunset.

I'm doing the Roar'n'Snore on the 30th -- yay!
        Sounds good! How close to "around sunset" We're thnking of trying to get to the WAP around 4:30 or 5'ish is is best to wait until about 6'ish to get in line (or later?)

Have a great Roar 'n Snore (don't keep the animals awake though )

CU@DL

Andy
        -

Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
          Sounds good! How close to "around sunset" We're thnking of trying to get to the WAP around 4:30 or 5'ish is is best to wait until about 6'ish to get in line (or later?)
          You don't have to be too precise. Anytime where dusk seems to be setting, and even after sunset is a good time. I think the key is that the temperatures are cooling and the shadows are getting longer. We had a great tour about 6:30pm, but I would guess that anytime after 5 would be good.

What would matter is how hot it was that day! If it's a scorcher, then the later the better because the animals will wait until it cools to be active.

And thanks - I'm looking forward to the camp-out.
          My Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by RangerSyl View Post
            You don't have to be too precise. Anytime where dusk seems to be setting, and even after sunset is a good time. I think the key is that the temperatures are cooling and the shadows are getting longer. We had a great tour about 6:30pm, but I would guess that anytime after 5 would be good.

What would matter is how hot it was that day! If it's a scorcher, then the later the better because the animals will wait until it cools to be active.

And thanks - I'm looking forward to the camp-out.
            Makes sense. Thanks for the reply. We're really looking forward to our next trip to WAP!

CU@DL

Andy
            -

Boom!

Comment

Awesome, I will have two trip reports for my visits :]

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X