New Roller Coaster Being Built Again @ Knotts...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DisneyFunGuy
    • Jan 2005

New Roller Coaster Being Built Again @ Knotts...

I was at Knott's on Saturday afternoon (6/30/07) and right next to the graveyard, they are digging up mounds of dirt and demolished some of the structures there.

I asked a manager near-by what was going on and he said he just learned of a new roller coaster being built there. He didn't know when it would open or what the concept would be.

Just what Knott's needs, another roller coaster. Why don't they do something with more themeing, like a cool ghost theme dark ride?

If anyone has any more news on this, plz share!
    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND
  • PirateMunkee
    June 3rd, 2011
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jan 2005

Re: New Roller Coaster Being Built Again @ Knotts...

OK, They aren't saying much to the employees but from my understanding is that this new coaster is going up and over Bigfoot Rapids and that side of the park. Everything for that coaster just got fast tracked because they want it completed before the Haunt.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
      Beach Expert
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
      I was at Knott's on Saturday afternoon (6/30/07) and right next to the graveyard, they are digging up mounds of dirt and demolished some of the structures there.

I asked a manager near-by what was going on and he said he just learned of a new roller coaster being built there. He didn't know when it would open or what the concept would be.

Just what Knott's needs, another roller coaster. Why don't they do something with more themeing, like a cool ghost theme dark ride?

If anyone has any more news on this, plz share!
      That will never happen now that Cedar Fair bought them. Expect the place to look more and more like Magic Mountain over the years, than like Disneyland.

Comment

• Olympicnut
        Incognito
        • Jan 2005

Oy with the coasters already! Don't get me wrong, I like them, but poor Knotts is slowly losing it's luster IMHO.

But what's funny is, I don't think I've seen any advertising for the newest coaster they built other than the one billboard I see driving down to Dland. Had I not seen that billboard, I would have had no idea the new spinney coaster even existed! Has anyone else seen any t.v. ads for it? Or heard radio ads?

Comment

• Darkbeer
          Darkbeer
          • Jan 2005

I have seen many Knott's ads on TV this summer, there are different versions, one just highlighting the coaster, another using the Peanuts Characters to talk about the Forecast for Fun this summer, and plugs Sierra Sidewinder.

Also have heard it mentioned a lot on the Radio, mainly in the 10 second spots for the traffic reports, something like "The Traffic Report is sponsored by Knott's Berry Farm, where you can check out the new Spinning Roller Coaster, Sierra Sidewinder, discount coupons available at Ralphs."
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• PirateMunkee
            June 3rd, 2011
            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
            I have seen many Knott's ads on TV this summer, there are different versions, one just highlighting the coaster, another using the Peanuts Characters to talk about the Forecast for Fun this summer, and plugs Sierra Sidewinder.

Also have heard it mentioned a lot on the Radio, mainly in the 10 second spots for the traffic reports, something like "The Traffic Report is sponsored by Knott's Berry Farm, where you can check out the new Spinning Roller Coaster, Sierra Sidewinder, discount coupons available at Ralphs."
            He's talking about the New One going up on the backside of the park near Bigfoot Rapids and Mystery Lodge. Knott's plans on putting up TWO Coasters in 2007. The first one was the Sierra Sidewinder at the entrance to Camp Snoopy which is already up and running. The next one is going up in back of the park and is going to be done before Haunt.
            PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

• elly
              Don't diss my bonnet
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Aug 2006

maybe its just me...but i'm kinda uncomfortable with a coaster that they're trying to slap together in 3 months....
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• GhostHost2
                MiceChatter
                • Jun 2007

I am okay with Knott's mainly building coasters as long as they are really good since I am going to be living in LA by the end of 2009, and Knott's is where I would go for my coaster fix. Knott's has a decent variety of rides compared to most non-Disney parks. A dark ride if done right would be awesome. Disney should stick to building immersive story driven experiences, Knott's can build the bare bones coasters. If Knott's was not so close to Disney I would have totally different feelings, I would want Knott's to build immersive Disney like experiences.

Comment

• PumpkinKing!
                  What have I done?
                  • Jan 2005

Well Sierra Sidewinder was really cool and fun!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

• MickeyMoose
                    • Jun 2006

Does anyone have any pictures? I do know that the railroad train is coming back to Campy Snoopy sure you did not see this?

Comment

• gibbage
                      Minion
                      • Feb 2005

I recently saw a 30 second spot on Sierra Sidewinder. Just a fwe quick clips of the coaster cars spinning with a voice over of a cowboy saying "The 1st spinning coaster in the west!".

The Sierra Sidewinder looks like a nice little coaster, but it would be nice to theme it a bit. Some of the original concept art had the coaster in and out of a mountian like BTMRR, but I guess that was too expensive and too much time. Im sure the next one will get the same theme treatment. Ala NONE.

Comment

• Darkbeer
                        Darkbeer
                        • Jan 2005

I was at Knott's today, and photos are being uploaded to my Smugmug site.

But the goal of the attraction is Spring/Summer of 2008, there is a LOT of work that needs to be done and while the Haunt schedule will have an effect on where they can (or mainly CAN'T build) during Haunt, the ride will not be part of the 2007 Haunt scheduole.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• gibbage
                          Minion
                          • Feb 2005

Thanks for the update! I always look forward too your photo's and park updates!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                            MiceChatter
                            • Feb 2005

I was just going to say, there is NO WAY this will be done before Haunt, even if it was a mouse coaster or something like that.

Could this be the long-rumored Hypercoaster? My guess is that, or something like Maverick.

Comment

• CoasterMatt
                              MiceChatter
                              • Feb 2005

I'd say something like Maverick, but I don't know anything about this kind of stuff
                              See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

• gibbage
                                Minion
                                • Feb 2005

I really doubt that Knotts could support a hyper coaster. Im suprised they have enough too support the Silver Bullet! Its too small of a park with too few guest's.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Feb 2005

^ Too few guests??? Knott's is consistently in the top 15 of north american theme parks. Alot of this is due to Haunt, but it's a very popular park.

I'm more worried about the crappy operations at the park and if they can support another coaster.

Comment

• Diznyfan
                                    MA Reader Since 2003
                                    • Mar 2007

They are destroying Knotts
                                    I wonder how long it will take for the western theme to be dumped completely.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                                    -Albert Einstein
                                    sigpic

Comment

• filmfreak11
                                      ...TWO BITS!
                                      • Sep 2005

Screamscape has been on this subject for quite some time. Doesn't surprise me they're constructing a coaster. But it does surprise me they're starting RIGHT NOW.

I was at KBF this past spring, the operation of the park is going downhill as well. Saw a few Camp Snoopy uniformed employees operating such rides like Ghostrider, Jaguar, and Montazooma. And other such things...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                                      -Jurassic Park

Comment

• Baiser_Tu_2
                                        Nouveau Membre
                                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by filmfreak11 View Post
                                        I was at KBF this past spring, the operation of the park is going downhill as well. Saw a few Camp Snoopy uniformed employees operating such rides like Ghostrider, Jaguar, and Montazooma. And other such things...
                                        Why should anybody care? I've seen it a thousand times and it doesn't bother me at all. As long as I'm having fun, that's the only important thing to me. Same thing with DL, I don't care if I see cast members were they're aren't suppose to be. It doesn't ruin the "magic" (like some ppl say it does) nor the experience. Just chill out and have fun.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X