This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Coney Island reopen?

I know it closed this year, but I think I heard something about it reopening as a different park, but still have the Cyclone.

Re: When will Coney Island reopen?

The cyclone will stay open. Otherwise I believe the new redevlopers have plans for an elaborate theme park--but from an article I read about the death of Coney many seemed to think they were using this plan just to attract developers/etc and that nothing would come of it

Comment

I had just read a recent article about Coney Island and the new developer, about a month ago in TIME magazine. The bottom line was that things were still up in the air.

Anyway...I went to TIME's website and found the article is available online, so here you go:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...633065,00.html

Comment

And plans are to move the park closer to Keyspan park, home of teh Brooklyn Cyclones baseball team.

Comment

Is Nathans still open? Because if that place closed... My life would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
            Is Nathans still open? Because if that place closed... My life would be over.
            Hold on, hold on, relax, no need to panic. Only Astroland Amusement Park is closing, not all of Coney Island. The Cyclone roller coaster, a registered national historic landmark, is staying open.

http://www.nysun.com/article/51181

The NY Aquarium, Coney Island USA, the Coney Island Batting Range and Go-Kart City, Deno's Wonder Wheel Park - those are all staying open.

Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs, which, like the others, is outside Astroland, is still open for business and isn't going anywhere. But you might want to brush up on your Russian language if you go there. I've heard that lately almost nobody there speaks English, even "hot dog with sauerkraut."

Also check out this NY Times article about the plans for revitalizing Coney Island. Doesn't look too bad, actually.
            Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 07-20-2007, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X