• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sorceress1986
    Disney worshipper/geek
    • Mar 2005

Back to the Future closing!

I just read that Universal Studios Hollywood is closing Back to the Future: the Ride on Monday! Someone play Taps, quick!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005
  • TheManator
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Re: Back to the Future closing!

Well, at least it isn't as bad as condition like USF's was when they shut down.
    My heart belongs to the one here on the West Coast than it does the East, and we will miss it dearly

Comment

• Monkey joe
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sorceress1986 View Post
      I just read that Universal Studios Hollywood is closing Back to the Future: the Ride on Monday! Someone play Taps, quick!
      It is still at Universal Studios Japan.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• CoasterMatt
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
        It is still at Universal Studios Japan.
        Not for long
        See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

• fizzog
          Pirate - G'har!
          • Sep 2006

I'm fine with them closing the ride...if they replace it with an updated BttF ride, but sadly that aint gonna happen. Such a shame such a huge and fun film franchise will lose its place in themeparkdom, perhaps it will wash up on Disney's shores but I highly doubt that. If only

Comment

• Bornieo Goes Bananas
            • Jan 2005

I heard they're closing Battle of Galactica!! So sad...

Comment

• sorceress1986
              Disney worshipper/geek
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
              I'm fine with them closing the ride...if they replace it with an updated BttF ride, but sadly that aint gonna happen. Such a shame such a huge and fun film franchise will lose its place in themeparkdom, perhaps it will wash up on Disney's shores but I highly doubt that. If only
              Yes, updated would be a good idea. I just remember when they closed it in Florida and the press release or something said that kids today wouldn't know who Doc Brown is. I nearly lost my mind for several reasons:

1. You just rereleased the series on DVD like a year ago!!!!!
              2. It's a classic film franchise, if the kids don't know, that's just sad.
              3. (My ultimate argument when Disney makes this claim) Yeah, and taking it out completely helps that problem! I mean, I didn't know anything about Tom and Huck, but when I read the two stories, I related because of the Frontierland attractions.

It really comes down to my soapbox issue. Kids aren't getting basic knowledge they need, as a result the lack reference for anything more than 5 years old. A sign that the world is officially going to pot. Almost literally.

sorry, this is making me mad. I was hoping to go before this happened.
              My mind won't rest
              and I don't sleep
              Not even in my dreams...
              -"If You Ever Did Believe"
              written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
              1985-2005

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
                Mountain Dew User
                • Sep 2005

yep 2 days left then time travel is a thing of the past... except for in Japan...

I wanted to try and go... but not sure if that will happen or not.

Comment

• filmfreak11
                  ...TWO BITS!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
                  Not for long
                  Are you serious?!

Another argument to make: they still have the Waterworld: A Sea War Stunt Spectacular... do they expect kids to know this movie? People actually want to see the movie after watching the show...

Another argument: Universal doesn't merchandise very well.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

• CoasterMatt
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2005

I know absolutely nothing
                    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

• TheManator
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

To be fair, my wife of 24 had no idea what BTTF (the movies) was until like 4 months ago when I re-re-re-bought the DVD set (for $44!, WTF is up with that!?).. she never wanted to go on the rides on either coast, because I mentioned the dinosaur scene, well, let's just say after riding JP...yeah, she didn't go on it.

Comment

• Monkey joe
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
                        I know absolutely nothing
                        You sure.
                        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

• KitCatXx
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2007

That s.ucks!!!! I read it on Universal Studios website. If only I could protest I would. This really s.ucks man, that ride is a classic!
                          Last edited by KitCatXx; 09-01-2007, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Monkey joe
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by KitCatXx View Post
                            That s.ucks!!!! I read it on Universal Studios website. If only I could protest I would. This really s.ucks man, that ride is a classic!
                            Universal Studios is ever changing and must update to the current taste of the population. So welcome the Simpsons with open arms.

Comment

• TacAlert
                              C4C6C

• Jan 2005

I met my wife at the employee party for BTTF in 1993 and we went this past weekend to see it in its final week. Very sad to see it go.
                              "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

• Degaa
                                ...and sometimes why.
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sorceress1986 View Post
                                Quick! everyone jump into my DeLorian... Iv'e been waiting for the day to come... this baby has been fully loaded with time travel... that's right 1.21 gigawatts of power...Flux capacitor included. Now we have to warn the past!.... "but Doc how are we gonna get back? We don't have enought plutonium!"
                                "Don't worry...where were going we don't need come back."

...lol sorry about that.

Comment

• filmfreak11
                                  ...TWO BITS!
                                  • Sep 2005

I've always wondered way on the studio guide maps the BTTF description always said "21 million jiggawat adventure". Or something to that extent, instead of "1.21 jiggawatt".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

• Mousey Girl
                                    Just Me
                                    • Jan 2005

I am not sad to see it go. Some strange guy and his lovely wife drug my Hubby, Son and Myself on it a while back. I don't do well with motion simulators. The Boy loved it though. Hubby got very queasy (HA!).

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
                                      Mountain Dew User
                                      • Sep 2005

Those of you who look forward to seeing the simpsons..... haha, dont get to excited....

Back to the Future is not getting a major overhaul into a new attraction.... they are simply just changing the film... and themeing around the area.... and the biggest addition to the ride... misters.. ooohhh ahhhh...

Sorry. but I refuse to ride this new ride what so ever, the motion vehicles are said to remain the same.... just film change. The ride may do good at first, but I give it a year maybe two before it practically has no wait and Universal regrets closing down BTTF.

Comment

• Monkey joe
                                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                                        Those of you who look forward to seeing the simpsons..... haha, dont get to excited....

Back to the Future is not getting a major overhaul into a new attraction.... they are simply just changing the film... and themeing around the area.... and the biggest addition to the ride... misters.. ooohhh ahhhh...

Sorry. but I refuse to ride this new ride what so ever, the motion vehicles are said to remain the same.... just film change. The ride may do good at first, but I give it a year maybe two before it practically has no wait and Universal regrets closing down BTTF.

Hollywood maybe but Orlando getting Springfield.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X