Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Hershey Park made me appreciate Disney all the more!

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hershey Park made me appreciate Disney all the more!

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    They just closed the Hershey Plant(In Oakdale, Ca) to move production to Mexico.
    More American jobs lost.
    That's the bad news.

The Good news is they are having a sweepstakes for a million bucks. :botox:
    My friends step mom works there or at least worked there.
    Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
      They just closed the Hershey Plant(In Oakdale, Ca) to move production to Mexico.
      More American jobs lost.
      That's the bad news.
      That stinks, it really does. But did you know that Hershey has had a plant in Mexico since Milton's time? He went down there for the sugar. Built huge factories and even railroads to get the sugar up to the U.S. Others started to copy him. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, just that he did it so long ago.

If anyone is interested in the Hershey history, a good book to pick up is:

Hershey: Milton S. Hershey's Extraordinary Life of Wealth, Empire, and Utopian Dreams
      Michael D'AntonioFormat: Hardcover
      Pub. Date: January 2006

Comment

I am a theme park/coaster/Disney junkie I have been to parks all over the world. I love Hershey Park. It reminds me of Disney more than any other non Disney theme park. Obviously not on the same scale but it does. It's a beautiful park, the landscaping is always incredible. It has a lot of the same child magical qualities. Yet, it has the great adreneline rides!

I think it is a diservice to say it can't be called a Theme Park. I think it accomplishes this very well. Let's face it, comparing any other park to Disney, there will be an obvious winner. Disney is the best. That's why they are so successful.
        ~Heather~

You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious. :blush:

I am everyone's friend.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X