This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatorland

I visited Gatorland on 11-07-07. I really enjoy this park, sure it's no fancy theme park, but it does stay true to it's "Old Florida" roots. I find it very relaxing, and enjoy taking in all the sights it has to offer.

I'm not much on giving trip reports, so this is pictorial of some of the animals and sights from around the park during my visit.

My former photo hosting site basically screwed me over with their new format, so the pics are all now here, plus alot more from that day. http://upov.smugmug.com/gallery/4030985#234644615
    Last edited by upov; 01-14-2008, 09:53 AM. Reason: Photo hosting change

Re: Gatorland

Going for round 2
    Last edited by upov; 12-10-2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I love those pictures of the crocodiles and alligators

Comment

This is an awesome report. Thank you so much for sharing
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

That's really cool! I had no idea such a place existed. I'll have to look into it next time I'm in florida. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you for the comments, glad you liked the pics.

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
            That's really cool! I had no idea such a place existed. I'll have to look into it next time I'm in florida. Thanks for sharing!
            No prob. Heres the link to their site if you want more info on the park.

http://www.gatorland.com/default.php
            Last edited by upov; 12-10-2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Wonderful Gatorland is a fantastic half day attraction. Would always be a must do stop on them family vacations when I was a kid. Good to see it still going strong.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I haven't been there in probably 15-20 years. Do they still have the cool little Indiana Jones display about the parts of the movie which were shot there?

Comment

What a great trip report. I loved the photos. I must admit that I've never been there - always zooming by to get to WDW. Maybe we'll stop next time.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                    I haven't been there in probably 15-20 years. Do they still have the cool little Indiana Jones display about the parts of the movie which were shot there?
                    x
                    Last edited by upov; 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Great pics! I'm a big reptile and bird lover, so I really enjoyed this TR. For a minute, I thought I was on my reptile forum!
                      I want my cake back!
                      sigpic

Comment

If I recall correctly, the Indiana Jones display may have been in the gift shop area, I know it was inside and may have possibly been lost in the fire. Granted, my memory is very dim as this was at least 15 years ago. But the crocodile scenes from the temple of Doom were shot at gatorland and they had a cool display showing all that.

I was a huge Indy fan at that point in time and just remember that by far being the coolest thing at gatorland.

How much does it cost to get in now?

Comment

If the Indy stuff were still in that gift shop, chances are it got heavily damaged, if not destroyed during the fire last Nov. I'll still ask someone though.

It's $22.95 for adults and $14.95 for kids, if you buy online you can knock off a couple bucks, there's usually coupons (for a buck or 2 off ) floating around in those tourist coupon books all over Orlando.

I usually get in on a buy one day get the rest of the yr free deal they run at various times of the year. I'll prob just get the annual pass next year, since Gatorland and Universal are my places to veg out and are very close by.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X