Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruises for elderly, anyone got tips, tips?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cruises for elderly, anyone got tips, tips?

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
    Karla, make sure you allow enough time to get passports if you don't already have them.
    thank you, I saw we needed one, I will take care of this come January.

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
    That's too bad. She does know that she can use a wheelchair to navigate the airports (and save some time and hassle too) and then just relax on a deck chair once on-board, doesn't she? That's sad to hear that she was so excited to go and now can't.
    Yeah, I was so sad, and she was so excited about it. but I realize she has a hard time going to walmart and she is right, she would not be able to do so much walking. my sister would have done a lot to get mom on track and keep her going, but mom said no. I feel so sad since she was so excited.
    Originally posted by mikeland View Post
    Sorry to hear your mom doesn't want to go. Maybe once you start planning your cruise and telling her more about it, she'll join you and your daughter.

Oh, and yes they still have shuffleboard on the ships.
    My daughter and I are really excited. we will know more about finances and such come January to plan for excursions, but we are planning now and having fun doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
      thank you, I saw we needed one, I will take care of this come January.
      Actually you really should get one ASAP. The back-up isn't as bad as last year, but they're still taking a long time. If you plan on going next summer now is a good time to get your application in. Better safe than sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
        Actually you really should get one ASAP. The back-up isn't as bad as last year, but they're still taking a long time. If you plan on going next summer now is a good time to get your application in. Better safe than sorry!
        I got mine in 16 days last month. I think January is soon enough to start the process.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

wow I did not know there was a process. thanks for letting me know. earkid, I can not wait until your trip and pics!! Is this your first cruise? I have alweays wanted to go thru the panama canal, how totally cool. did you get a good deal? like I said, I hope you make an awsome trip report, I love seeing trips thru the eye of a camera

Comment

wow I did not know there was a process. thanks for letting me know. earkid, I can not wait until your trip and pics!! Is this your first cruise? I have alweays wanted to go thru the panama canal, how totally cool. did you get a good deal? like I said, I hope you make an awsome trip report, I love seeing trips thru the eye of a camera
            Yes, our first cruise. Since it's a Disney cruise there aren't many "deals" to be found, but Mr. Lightyear999 is handling most of the details for us. It is one of Disney's rare repositioning cruises, 15 days long.

We will probably be posting reports and pics during the trip since it's so long.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
              Yes, our first cruise. Since it's a Disney cruise there aren't many "deals" to be found, but Mr. Lightyear999 is handling most of the details for us. It is one of Disney's rare repositioning cruises, 15 days long.

We will probably be posting reports and pics during the trip since it's so long.
              wow thats a long trip, thats awsome!! where all does your cruise go?

Guess what? I got a call from carnival and they came up with a cruise for RAchal and I for 497.00 per person for the whole 7 days!!! taxes and gas included. I about fell over.
              we are really excited.

Comment

Guess what? I got a call from carnival and they came up with a cruise for RAchal and I for 497.00 per person for the whole 7 days!!! taxes and gas included. I about fell over.
                we are really excited.
                $497.00 is really a great deal if it includes all the taxes and fees, but it's probably an inside cabin, so you might want to think about upgrading to an outside.
                Out of curiosity, what ship and date did they offer you?

I did a Panama Canal cruise about 10 years ago from Ft Lauderdale to Acapulco and it was incredible. Going through the canal locks itself is something that everyone should experience at least once in their lives.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X