Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Orange County Fair has been cancelled.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 2020 Orange County Fair has been cancelled.

Today the Orange County Board of Supervisors voted to cancel this year’s Orange County Fair which was scheduled to run from July 17 - August 16.

This pretty much confirms what most of us are suspecting that Disneyland will not be reopening until the fall if lucky and looks more and more like it could be pushed out to 2021.

https://abc7.com/health/oc-fair-canc...demic/6105364/

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Today the Orange County Board of Supervisors voted to cancel this year’s Orange County Fair which was scheduled to run from July 17 - August 16.

This pretty much confirms what most of us are suspecting that Disneyland will not be reopening until the fall if lucky and looks more and more like it could be pushed out to 2021.

Bingo. And yet a poll on today's MiceChat Update has 53% of the votes saying that Disneyland will open this summer.

Ain't gonna happen, folks.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

It would not only be unsafe for Disney to reopen this year, but it would also be a PR disaster. Imagine if even a cluster of 15 ppl occurs from a day at a Disney park. That could cause an outbreak of about 100-150 (if the r0 stays what it is) which would cause an even larger outbreak. I can see the headlines
      "Why did Disney think they could open?" "Disney a Corona Hotspot"

Comment

I still wonder if it may be too early to predict when Disneyland will reopen, based on the nature of the virus and how varied each state is handling the cases.

That being said I think the resort (not necessarily the parks,)will at least reopen this year. Disney knows they have a strong local base, and could reopen Downtown Disney to attract locals, when California businesses can reopen. The hotels and parks are harder to predict, though.

Comment

Disneyland will reopen sometime this year....but think early summer is out.

But its going to be a fight for them...if fairs have to cancel they are going to have to argue why they should re open more to the state...sure the city is ready for them to be open again
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbreeze77 View Post
            It would not only be unsafe for Disney to reopen this year, but it would also be a PR disaster. Imagine if even a cluster of 15 ppl occurs from a day at a Disney park. That could cause an outbreak of about 100-150 (if the r0 stays what it is) which would cause an even larger outbreak. I can see the headlines
            "Why did Disney think they could open?" "Disney a Corona Hotspot"
            That's the average Ro, a patient in South Korea resulted in several thousand cases when she attended church a couple of times. A single person in an equally crowded Disneyland, even with lower attendance measures, could easily do the same. Which is why there is such an abundance of caution.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet a pretty fair amount that in the minds of the execs, opening is a balance between how much $$$ they will make in profit vs. how much they stand to lose in lawsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                I'd be willing to bet a pretty fair amount that in the minds of the execs, opening is a balance between how much $$$ they will make in profit vs. how much they stand to lose in lawsuits.
                Plus the cost of training and staffing additional CMs to maintain sanitary procedures. Not to mention the potential nut cases they might have to deal with...

A Man Coughed on a Wegmans Employee. Now He’s Charged With a Felony.

A New Jersey man was charged with making a terroristic threat after he intentionally coughed near a supermarket employee and told her he had the coronavirus, the authorities said on the same day that the Justice Department warned of similar threats to spread the virus.

Grocery store throws out $35,000 worth of food it says woman deliberately coughed on

...On Wednesday afternoon, a woman came in and deliberately coughed all over the produce section, meat case and bakery department, co-owner Joe Fasula said. The store had to throw away more than $35,000 worth of food....

People intentionally spreading coronavirus could be charged with terrorism, DOJ says

Individuals who intentionally spread the novel coronavirus could be charged with terrorism for the "purposeful exposure and infection of others," a Justice Department memo says.

Writing that the virus "appears to meet the statutory definition of a 'biological agent,' " Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen said in the memo to federal law enforcement agencies and US attorneys Tuesday that "such acts potentially could implicate the Nation's terrorism-related statutes."
                Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-27-2020, 08:50 PM.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Jesus you are all such optimists. "See haha I told you! I was right! Disney's not opening till 2021! I win!"
                  You know whats a good indicator? Conventions like Blizzcon still haven't been canceled, which usually take place in November. So a late 2020 opening could still be possible. I'm trying not to lose hope, as I miss my job, my cast member family, and look forward to going back to work. I'm not taking anything except word from the company as fact, as should all of you.

Comment

Let's say, for example, that they are allowed to open in November. They may not be, but would they open if they were? I doubt it.

Christmas Time at the Parks is extremely busy. What would it be like after a 7 1/2 month closure? Combine that with the likely capacity restrictions which will be in place, and I could see them punting until January 2021, when the majority of guests would be locals. It could provide more control if California is not a hot spot, since it would be more difficult for the virus to travel here with someone, since fewer people will be traveling here.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Actually it was not the Board of Supervisors that cancelled the fair. It was the Orange County Fair and Event Center Board of Directors who did. The ones who run the fair. OC supervisors had nothing to do with it.
                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X