Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

    MASON, Ohio --
    I'm sorry, these are some of the dumbest names. Can't they think of anything better????
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

  • #2
    Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

    I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

      Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
      I hope the Tomb Raider queue stays at least mostly intact, as it is one of the best non-Disney queues in the world. These name changes really suck, Cedar Fair sucks at theming and naming. Paramount did a much better job, granted they had movies to choose from, but can't Cedar Fair come up with something better than Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck, or the Crypt? Hey Cedar Fair, Joe's Carnival is calling they want their ride names back.
      I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

        yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

          Wow, I'm totally shocked they didn't rename Happy Days Diner "Coasters".

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

            Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
            yeah, I'm gonna cast my vote for "lame" as well!
            Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

              Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
              Well at least, we still have "The Beast". The world most famous wooden roller coaster and the "Son Of Beast".
              That is very true. i was happy to see neither of those on the list. (even though I still have a vendetta against "Son of Beast")

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

                Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                I am suprised they did rename everything Snoopy. lol. As for Tomb Raider, I hope that all of the props and theming are aleast still there in some form but this is Cedar Fair.
                Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.
                _____________________________________
                Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
                http://www.atomicbearpress.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

                  Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                  Seems this ride will need more then a name change since it uses video, music, and narration tired to the movie and video game. They will have to change much of that.
                  Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

                    Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                    Considering this is Cedar Fair, we will probably get no video, music, or narration to replace what was lost. I wish Paramount kept the park. Kings Island is a great park, and one of my favorites that isn't a Disney park.
                    Plus it was kind of like a Disney park with the four lands, well five (lol) and central icon, the Eiffel Tower. Let see International Street, Coney Mall, Hanna-Barbera Land, Rivertown, and Wild Animal Safari. Then we got Oktoberfest, Action Zone, Nick Splat City, Waterworks. Finally Nick Universe ( formerly H-B Land & Nick Splat City) and Boomerang Bay (formerly Waterwork. A ton of celebrities work at this park Like Nick, what his name? lol married to Jessica Simpsons once and Carmen Electra. Oh the Brady Bunch and Patridge Family had TV episodes here as well.

                    My brother was planning on writing a book on the park but someone else is already doing one. There is alot of history and cool facts about Kings Island, what would make an interesting read.
                    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

                      Wow, Flight Deck for Top Gun? I think that is officially the dumbest name I haver ever heard. I'm glad they aren't going to rename the Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, & Flight of Fear.

                      .. a dream is a wish your heart makes

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X