This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Magic Mountain Sky Tower Museum

This would actually get me to go over to Six Flags! Oh, and I really love the taco with a sombrero - priceless!

Comment

It's great to see this being done and the trust they've given him to do it (not to mention the money they're saving by doing it this way). It will help in going the way the want to go (and need to) toward making it a more family friendly place - the way it could be, and used to be.
      There's some great stuff in there - drawings, chain sections, costumes... I forgot about the trolls.
      They should include music from back then (if they can get the clearance). I always remember (in the 70's) hearing Chicago's "Saturday in the Park". Good times.
      sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
      Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Yay that is so awesome, it will be great to see some of that old stuff again, when SFMM was a family park! Thanks for the update

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Well, we all know where Disney got the brilliant (deep sarcasm) idea for DCA now.

Comment

The museum seems like it will be really awesome. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by robbalvey View Post
                Ahhh! One of the old trolls! I know there was "Bloop" and "Bleep" but I'm not sure which one this guy is!
                IIRC, there were Bloop, Bleep (sometimes with Baby Blip), King Blop (the one with the crown who's in that photo), and The Wizard. I think the fur colors changed for most everyone when they replaced the original costumes with new ones that looked a lot better and quite possibly made it a little easier for the hapless person inside to stop themselves from being troll-rolled down a hill by punk kids. That Blop would be one of the later costumes.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a very long time.

Comment

For the research I have done for the Magic of the Mountain exhibit, (I work at the park), the park referred to the Trolls as follows:

The Troll with the crown - King Troll
                  The male Troll - Bleep
                  The female Troll - Bloop
                  There is mention of their Troll child - Blip, but blip never made an appearance.
                  ...and the Troll.

Yes there was more than one generation of Troll costumes, and that is mentioned in the museum.

Here is a great link for Troll history, including the Legend of the Mountain.
                  http://members.tripod.com/heylownine/troll.htm

Enjoy!

My name is William,
                  and I am SIX FLAGS!

Comment

Awesome Robb thank you so much for sharing!
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Hey i am looking for what happened to the old steam train. I know they sold it off or somthing but where is it now? anyone know?

Comment

There is a dog kennel on the OLD ROAD, about 5 miles south of MM. The owner of the kennel buys/takes old stuff off of the parks hand. He has TONS of old stuff from the park, and one of the things he has is the OLD 99 STEAM TRAIN. You can see the train from the street.

Comment

Six Flags California Adventure? I have a feeling it wouldn't have been any different than what we have across the street from Disneyland.

Comment

I saw the "museum" yesterday and thought it was kind of lame. To me it was just a bunch of old uniforms and art from things that don't exist anymore. It was neat to see the model of how Viper should have looked before it was crammed into its current space. Other than that, there wasn't too much on timelines in the park history.

Very cool to be able to go up there again after years of not being able to. It is amazing how much the SCV has grown and I was able to get a picture of my house as well.
                            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                              I saw the "museum" yesterday and thought it was kind of lame. To me it was just a bunch of old uniforms and art from things that don't exist anymore. It was neat to see the model of how Viper should have looked before it was crammed into its current space. Other than that, there wasn't too much on timelines in the park history.

Very cool to be able to go up there again after years of not being able to. It is amazing how much the SCV has grown and I was able to get a picture of my house as well.
                              But isn't that the point of a museum? To see things like that from the past collected in one space? Of course it's just a small exhibit I'm sure, but still I think it'd be cool to see it all.

Glad ya saw your house though! I can't wait to go up into it. The museum is just a bonus to me!

Comment

^ Fully agreed. I haven't seen the Museum yet, but from the pictures I love it already.

Robb, I'm thinking that it's maybe because we grew up with SFMM??? I mean, it was "My park" LONG before Disneyland was and really, still is. I love the place, or should say, loved it.

All I can say is from all of the pictures I've seen of improvements of the park, etc, I'm dying to go to SFMM and we haven't been in 1 1/2 years. If they can get even close to what it was in it's glory days, it will be a great park.

Sucks we missed the Play Pass special that ended yesterday. We were planning on going, but had to buy a dryer instead.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X