This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea World Orlando - 03/23/08

Stay tuned this evening for a fun filled trip report, but for now I leave you with this yummy goodness.

You think I look like the bride of Frankenstein, check out the little girl in the very back seat.

Last edited by SummerInFL; 03-24-2008, 07:52 AM.

Re: Sea World Orlando - 03/23/08

COOLNESS!!! The kid in the back is just a little scared, isn't she? LOL!

Memo to me: It's been about two years since I visited Sea World.. must take the time to go and catch up with the new offerings.

Thanks Summer, and we are looking forward to your trip report from Sea World!!

Comment

Memo to me: It's been about two years since I visited Sea World.. must take the time to go and catch up with the new offerings.

Thanks Summer, and we are looking forward to your trip report from Sea World!!
      Its probably been 15 years since I was last at Sea World if not longer. I'm getting excited to go back and visit. I remember having a blast when I was a kid there last time. I can't wait to see your pictures as well.

TDLFan, they're in the process of building a new coaster (although they haven't officially announced it) at the front of the park. You may want to wait until that's complete if you're in no hurry to head back.

Comment

I would have the look of panic on my face too, so I don't blame the girl! I look forward to seeing more of your trip report, Summer!

Thanks.

Comment

I just almost died at my desk here at OFT! AMAZING! That little girl is my new mascott on my desk!
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

We have been thinking of getting Sea World passes.
            I look forward to your trip report, Summer!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the rest, poor kid is probably scared for life!
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Double post [[sorry]] lol
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please see HERE.

My daughter's birthday is today (Happy Birthday baby!) and she absolutely LOVES dolphins. So I upgraded the AP's and added Sea World and Aquatica (Nbodyhome's fault) and off we went for the day to SW.

Now I haven't been to SW since I was about 4 or 5, so it was like a brand new park for me!

The entrance is very pretty and inviting, really started off the marine theme well.

Shamu! I thought the taxidermy was a little inappropriate.

Juuuust kidding!

*sings* Walk like an Emperor Penguin..
                  (Walk Like an Egyptian...no? I didn't think so either. LOL)

Plush, plush everywhere but nothing quite unique.

(My mother's complaint while shopping was they had the same merchandise in every shop.)

Look! A themed mister! How cool is that!

We stopped by Turtle Point, but as you can see, this pelican decided he wanted the spotlight.

Next we stopped to feed the stingrays, they weren't very hungry as a couple hundred other guests had the same idea before we got there.

YOU CAN'T SEE ME!
                  (Isn't this bird just beautiful?)

Wow, now THAT's the way to sell beer!

Next up was Dolphin Cove, where $6 for 3 fish, you too could feed the dolphins. Both girls were very excited for this as neither of them had ever touched a dolphin before.

Hold your fish above the water, not above the pool wall.

Jump Flipper! Jump!

This one knew what time it was, he was the first into the feeding area.

Yes, I would like the smelly fish and tomorrow, just in case you forget, smelly fish then too. SQUEAK!

They also have this wonderful underwater viewing area for the dolphins.

Who doesn't love a manatee?

Looks like we got there just in time for lunch.
                  Chop! Chop!

Our next stop was The Journey Into Atlantis, one of the few ride attractions in the park. Removing myself from a "Disney" state of mind, I enjoyed this attraction, it had 2 fun drops and a roller coaster type shot through the dark which was awesome. It was also HUUGGE! Very cool and very intimidating.

Needless to say, the girls got soaked. :evil:

After grabbing a bite to eat at this place called, "Voyagers," we passed by these interesting character performers, who were moving around to some really neat New Age music.

Our next ride was the Sky Tower, which is probably my favorite attraction in the park.

The Views are Spectacular!

Future location of a roller coaster (so I'm told)

Is that the Swan and Spaceship Earth in the distance? Yes it is!

An aerial shot of the new water park, Aquatica.

Flamingo paddle boats! Too cute.

Stay tuned, coming up, a playful whale and some icy cold temperatures! Brrr!!

Comment

OH awesome pictures Summer! I heart SeaWorld as you know! It looks like you all had a super fab time!
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Thanks so much, it looks like an absolutely beautiful park. I just love marine life, and the blues of all the waters across the park just look so inviting.

Comment

Those are really lovely photos..they will help me get my Seaworld fix until I return

Comment

Great pics so far Summer!

Comment

Sorry for the delay folks, I had a computer hiccup. Where was I.....

We saw Believe for the first time, we really enjoyed it. I am amazed at the level of trust that both the animals and the trainers have with one another. The tank was 36ft deep and on a few occasions the whale would take the trainer far down below to set up for a jump, can you imagine if the whale went, "You know, I'm really not in the mood today," and then swims off? Scary thought!

Before the show they had music playing in the background. This adorable whale was behind the gate, popping his head up and swaying with the beat of the music.

Then the show started..

After a few trainers would hang out, take photos and answer questions.

We ended the day in the Wild Arctic!

These exhibits were probably my favorite of the day, it was a little chilly though. Excuse the blurry, I didn't bring a tripod.

Walrus! I love the tusks. LOL

We found the polar bear cave so the girls thought they should act like bears.

I have to say I really enjoyed the theming through out this exhibit, it really made you feel like you were at the North Pole visiting some scientific base.

They even had a real ice wall, ok, where's my parka? LOL

I guess this is supposed to represent an old world boat that sunk and froze and was discovered here, it was upside down. Christina said it was Ariel's hideout, I told her, wrong park dear. LOL

I have to say that I was very impressed with the park. The theming was great, there was plenty of things to do and the animals were so interactive. I will say that the animal trainer's seemed to genuinely enjoy their job and really have fun working with the animals. I think my only complaint with this park is the number of employees that don't speak English, we had a little trouble ordering some food and getting directions but other than that I definitely can't wait to go back.

Comment

Great report! Glad you had a good time. Isn't a motion simulator part of the Wild Arctic exhibit?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X