X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storytelling + Themed Special Effects Schlitterbaun Water Slide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=1L2EKWnxu6I

Schlitterbaun is opeining up Dragon's Revenge - a fully themed water slide ride experience at it's Schatze's Central Park. A digitally animated fire breathing dragom will attack a castle while flume riders get caught in the middle. Guests careen past a guard tower and thru magical special effects laden feudal perieod caverns. There is section where riders will be propelled uphill. Enjoy the ride film.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Storytelling + Themed Special Effects Schlitterbaun Water Slide

OMG. That looks so frickin' cool! :bow:
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience. :geek:

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Comment

Man that looks awesome.
      "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Comment

Originally posted by SallySkellington View Post
        OMG. That looks so frickin' cool! :bow:
        Originally posted by Rick_A_Mortis View Post
        Man that looks awesome.
        The dragon brings coolness to the boiling point! - and likely the water as well. This is the first time that I've seen a mist effect on such a ride.

Comment

Now there's a water slide I'd be excited to ride.

Comment

It will be very intersesting to see the execution of this idea.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
              Let's keep our fingers crossed that the execution turns out even better than the conceptulized mock up.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Excellent! We were just discussing doing a road trip down there this summer! If only it were open then!

Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Just had to watch that video again. You know, if they make it just like the video, meaning it really looks like the dragon is there inside the tunnel, that would scare the freaking crap out of me! Can you imagine being propelled toward that thing in nothing but an inner tube?

Have you seen the stills on the Dragon's Revenge website? The dragon just looks creepy there!
                    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                      Excellent! We were just discussing doing a road trip down there this summer! If only it were open then!

Peace,
                      Roo
                      Roo, the press release says it opens Memorial Day weekend.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/dragonsrevenge/press.htm

Comment

Just had to watch that video again. You know, if they make it just like the video, meaning it really looks like the dragon is there inside the tunnel, that would scare the freaking crap out of me! Can you imagine being propelled toward that thing in nothing but an inner tube?

Have you seen the stills on the Dragon's Revenge website? The dragon just looks creepy there!
                        The dragon looks bone chilling evil in the stills. Consider the heat effects that will likely accompany the real looking blazes, and yeah - craps going to exit my anal oriface out of sheer terror!

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                          It will be interesting indeed, considering when we went to Schlitterbahn we were surprised the park didn't look like it does in the Travel Channel shows. It's kinda ghetto, but still totally awesome.

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post

Peace,
                          Roo
                          It's a great park, and you should totally make it down.

Roo, the press release says it opens Memorial Day weekend.

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/dragonsrevenge/press.htm
                          Don't go on Memorial weekend. That's the weekend we went about 4 years ago and it was PACKED. I can't imagine with a new ride how busy it'd be.

Comment

I must say, I'm listening to the attraction's musical Score. This has got to be one of the best scores I've ever heard, film or attraction.

Comment

Let's see, I really like that they are going to spruce up the original Dragon Blaster. If it comes out like the render then it should be good no doubt. (Especially since I know that a company called Technifex makes Faux Fire and a water projection system that can be used for the dragon.)

One thing I must stress though is I hope they fix the runout after the big drop. For those of you that don't know, after the big drop the level of the water on the runout goes from a very thin level to a large wall of water. So you end up getting ejected from the tube and onto the concrete runout, which I can tell you it hurts like the dickens. inchEspecially if you ride double, then you crash onto each other!)
                              Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
                              Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
                              I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X