Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Any tips/recommendations for Zoo/Animal Park first-timers?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips/recommendations for Zoo/Animal Park first-timers?

Well, not a first-timer precisely but this weekend will be my first visit as an adult. Last time I recall setting foot there was roughly 1981 at the age of 11.

My wife decided in a rather spur-of-the-moment fashion that this Saturday would be our first visit there as a family. Her last trip was sometime in the early 90's and we both agree that so much time has passed that we'd essentially be newcomers. Has anyone developed a good familiarity with the Zoo and have any solid tips or suggestions?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Re: Any tips/recommendations for Zoo/Animal Park first-timers?

Are you talking about the San Diego Zoo?
    If yes, make sure you visit the Pandas first.
    Definately go on the tour. I think there is also a tour bus option where you can get on and get off at your leisure. It makes it easier to get around the park as there are some steep inclines.
    Feeding the giraffes is awesome and it's a must-do if it's available.
    Can't say the same about the food places for humans. It might have improved since my last visit (2008), but when I was there, it was awful. Snack foods like popcorn and icecream were fine.

Comment

Re: Any tips/recommendations for Zoo/Animal Park first-timers?

Thanks Dazy.
      I'll pass these on to my wife as I've fallen ill and won't be going with her, my son, stepdaughter and her two boys.

Much appreciated!
      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Working...
      X