This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News PETA Buys Seaworld Stock

Oh this is going to get weird Oh, snap! PETA buys shares in SeaWorld - Orlando Business Journal

Re: PETA Buys Seaworld Stock

I believe The Blackstone Group retained a majority interest in the company, so all PETA can really do for the time being is become an annoyance to the other shareholders. And if they do just repeatedly do the same thing over and over again their message will just be lost as people get annoyed and become hostile.

Comment

I'm already hostile toward PETA. At least their extremist side. :mob:
      Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
      Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
      Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
      Neverland since 1996.
      ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

This is a lame PR stunt! lol
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

It's definitely that, but they feel that any media attention is worth the cost. I wouldn't be surprised that they quietly sell their shares within a year.

Comment

I don't know if the media reports made an error, or if PETA let and idot do this. It only take 1 share to have a voice and prove their simple point of getting a voice to harrass from the inside. There is no requirement to make a biginvestment in the company to do so.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

So, if they try to effect any change they can get dumped out for conflict of interest...nice.
              Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                This is a lame PR stunt! lol
                Same thoughts here!
                The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

And so it starts, PETA bought 80 shares which is the minimum required to attend meetings and speak which they did. Their first demand it to free all the "enslaved" Orcas beginning with Corky. I'd like to suggest that PETA looks up the "Free Willy" Orca which was a wild caught Orca. Millions of dollars were spent to reintroduce the Orca into the wild and it eventually died after being released. Do they think SeaWorlds Orcas will fare any better? Most of their Orcas are captive born. I'm with most everyone else in thinking this is strictly a PR stunt. Here's the story. PETA takes on SeaWorld, by buying its stock - Apr. 24, 2013
                  Current coaster count: 179
                  100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
                  150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
                  last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

I forgot to say there's a video link in the story as well.

Comment

This move on PETA's part is utter rubbish and complete hypocrisy. Absolutely the worst possible move they could have made.

Comment

So this is what PETA does with all the money people donate. Instead of actually helping animals they buy stock in Sea World. People need to stop supporting Peta, there are more REAL companies that actually help animals, instead of just trying to get publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
                          So this is what PETA does with all the money people donate. Instead of actually helping animals they buy stock in Sea World. People need to stop supporting Peta, there are more REAL companies that actually help animals, instead of just trying to get publicity.
                          PETA's own animal shelter is not a "no kill" shelter because it would cost too much money and it would reduce the number of PR stunts like this they could do. So their own shelter kills animals so it can buy stock in SeaWorld to tell them not to "kill" animals? They are repugnant.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

PETA is a firm believer in the "Do as I say, not as I do" saying instead of the "I practice what I preach" belief.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X