This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] SeaWorld Planning to sell off Busch Gardens Parks

I'm hearing an incredibly strong rumor that SeaWorld is planning to sell off their Busch Gardens parks along with the accompanying water parks to raise capital. Evidently a certain European Theme Park Chain wants the property in Williamsburg. No word on who wants the Tampa parks.
    -Bill

Re: SeaWorld Planning to sell off Busch Gardens Parks

this is developing.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I hope this isn't true.
      Current coaster count: 179
      100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
      150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
      last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

there is a lot happening behind the scenes at SW right now. trying to figure out what exactly is happening

Comment

I think Cedar Fair would be the only US based park chain that might be interested in buying BGT if they put it up for sale. I do believe they have expressed at least some interest in getting into the Florida area. The only other park they have in the Southeastern US is Carowinds near Charlotte.

Comment

I'd rather have Cedar Fair take over my beloved Busch Gardens before Six Flags (which was last year's rumor, which a friend of mine was 100% sure about it and said was a "done deal" but it never happened.... whoopsie!).

Comment

I'd love it if Cedar Faire took them over! A U.S. road trip could include Tampa, Williamsburg, Knott's and Cedar Faire--4 of the best non-Disney American parks, all with one pass.

If the Tampa-Orlando bullet train were happening, Universal would have been an interesting buyer for Tampa's park.

How about Disney buying Williamsburg and improving it?

Comment

I don't believe for one second that they would sell off the Busch Gardens Parks.

Now if they did, I could see Merlin or Herschend step in and buy them. They would fit right in with their portfolio of parks.

There is no way that Cedar Fair or Six Flags could afford the price tag that SeaWorld would be asking for. And if either company did manage to buy the parks, it would be a death sentence for the Busch Gardens Parks.
                For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post
                  I don't believe for one second that they would sell off the Busch Gardens Parks.

Now if they did, I could see Merlin or Herschend step in and buy them. They would fit right in with their portfolio of parks.

There is no way that Cedar Fair or Six Flags could afford the price tag that SeaWorld would be asking for. And if either company did manage to buy the parks, it would be a death sentence for the Busch Gardens Parks.
                  I agree. I think it would be weird. But it is something I have been looking into.

Comment

After extensive conversations this option is no longer on the table.

Comment

That's great news as a AP holder for all the parks in the SWP&E chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Coasterjunkie View Post
                        That's great news as a AP holder for all the parks in the SWP&E chain.
                        Yeah it is. But I am just a bit sad that it was considered.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                          If the Tampa-Orlando bullet train were happening, Universal would have been an interesting buyer for Tampa's park.
                          There was a brief period where Blackstone owned SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland Florida, Busch Gardens Tampa and half of the Universal Orlando Resort.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            There was a brief period where Blackstone owned SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland Florida, Busch Gardens Tampa and half of the Universal Orlando Resort.

Yeah you would have thought that they would have created more synergy between the parks back then.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                              Yeah you would have thought that they would have created more synergy between the parks back then.
                              I never really expected that since the properties were split between different companies and Blackstone is not known for such strategies. Selling for a big profit is often the end goal when it comes to Blackstone.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X