This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] SeaWorld Ohio

I was on a Geauga Lake fan site when I found quite a few photos from the old SeaWorld Ohio park. Go to Sea World (Geaugalaketoday.com if the link doesn't work) to see them.
    Current coaster count: 179
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Re: SeaWorld Ohio

I grew up going to SeaWorld of Ohio and Geauga Lake. They were a closer alternative to Cedar Point for those of us on the East side of Ohio. I was sad when they closed both parks. Now I need to go through my trunk of old pictures to see what I have from SeaWorld of Ohio!
    sigpic
    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Sea World also went into partnership with Newhall Land and farming to create a different kind of park; Magic Mountain!

Comment

I'd enjoy seeing the photos if you can. I read the book "The Wave Maker", a documentary book on George Millay, creator of SeaWorld, Wet n' Wild and several restaurant chains in California. I found it interesting how SeaWorld Ohio was built, including how they accidentally built 10 feet of their ski stadium on Geauga Lake's property, and how Southwest Airlines developed a special plane to ferry the Orca's back and fourth to SWSD during the winter months.

Comment

As I understand from the book "The Wave Maker", building and opening Magic Mountain was an absolute disaster as the park went way over budget and the person George put in charge was hiding things that went over budget.

Comment

Thanks for sharing - we went there all the time when I was a kid, and it's hard to believe it's not there anymore! Someday when I go through old pictures I'll have to put some of them online - it would be fun to look back now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X