Announcement

Collapse

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Sea World to end orca shows in San Diego

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea World to end orca shows in San Diego

I just saw this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...hows/75461780/

They might be ending them at all the parks in the future if the federal bill introduced recently becomes law. Orca shows are nearing an end, and I could not be happier. These animals don't need to be in captivity, and we can learn more from them in the wild then we ever would in captivity where they don't behave naturally.

Comment

Interesting News Today...on Sea World and Orca shows!
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I know some will be sad....but this might be good for the animals

Though if Sea World goes out of business...not sure if that is the best either....dammed if you do dammed if you dont
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This is somewhat sad news. Though I've enjoyed the shows I get that these animals don't need to be paraded around. I do hope that the Orcas in captivity aren't released to the wild though. At least in San Diego all of the Orcas there have been born in captivity and fed and cared for daily. They wouldn't know how to survive in the wild and though some may learn and make it most wouldn't they'd starve or die of other causes.

Comment

I think this is the right move, very similar to the "show" they do at Vancouver Aquarium... Just a short, 30 minute show, showcasing their natural habits and behaviours. More educational, with a little splashing through out. This should be much better then the Whale spectacles they used to do. A step in the right direction for the whales unable to leave captivity.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
            ~

Comment

Response from "Blackfish" director, Gabriela Cowperthwaite:
              http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...110-story.html

Comment

Anyone have a date for the show ending?
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  Anyone have a date for the show ending?
                  No dates as of yet. Sea World is fighting the decision.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X