Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Sea World Parks and Resorts

So, I've started to get tired out of all the major Disney reopening talk and Universal talk. I've migrated over here.

What does everyone think the future of SeaWorld should be? Should they keep adding more roller coasters and compete with Cedar Fair and Six Flags? Or do you hope eventually they will give the 2 major players, Disney and Universal a 3rd player in the battle? Can they create immersive lands, but using original ideas? Could they try to keep the "Edutainment" idea alive?
    I see amazing potential in SeaWorld and hopefully evolving into an even more immersive theme park in the future.
    2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
    Soarin' Over California
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Grizzly River Run
    California Screamin'
    Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
    Grizzly River Run
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Incredicoaster

I have long wondered when a 3rd player will enter the theme park battle. Despite reinventing theme parks over 65 years ago, Disney has never faced real competition; Universal is always looked at as "second place", never a serious contender for the king of theme parks. Sea World could enter the fold if...

A. They get rid of animal shows. There's just too much stigma around Sea World, and I know people that will never go for ethical reasons alone. They can keep some aquariums and the marine-life theme, but dolphin and orca shows need to go if Sea World is to move forward.

B. New leadership. This Defunctland video sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJfgHa49GX0. Get some really experienced Disney Imagineers to rework the parks. Spend a lot of money if need be, I think it would be worth it in the long run.

C. Create a couple world-class attractions. Easier said than done for sure, but I don't think it can be overstated how much a one-of-a-kind attraction can build interest in a theme park. I don't even think Sea World would need to obtain an intellectual property, a well-executed "edutainment" concept could absolutely work. Maybe a modern version of Disneyland's old submarine ride.

Or they could just compete with Cedar Fair and Six Flags, that would be easier. But I think Sea World could be so much more.
    Brian the Pooh

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X