Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

SeaWorld San Diego Preparing to Build Manta Coaster in 2012

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SeaWorld San Diego Preparing to Build Manta Coaster in 2012

^ This isn't replacing the rapids ride is it? I certainly hope not, it's one of the better Rapids rides around.

Comment

No, this ride will not replace Shipwreck Rapids. It will not pass over any part of its route either, although it will come close to the curve of the rapids that circles the large outdoor dining terrace.

Comment

I can't wait for this! Once again it proves that in 2011/2012, so-cal is the place to be for theme park fans.

Comment

Originally posted by drphibes View Post
          When I first heard about this coaster I wasn't expecting much given their relationship with san diego. But I have to give it to them, they're working with what they got and it seems entertaining enough.
          I'd say the coastal commission is a bigger hindrance to anything Sea World does more then the city is.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith11618 View Post
            I'd say the coastal commission is a bigger hindrance to anything Sea World does more then the city is.
            The Coastal Commission approved the project last week.
            Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
              The Coastal Commission approved the project last week.

I am fully aware of that, I was merely pointing out that its the Coastal Commission that stands in the way of much of what Sea World can do and not the city.

Comment

I personally can't see the Coastal Commission being that much of a problem. Do what Walt did, build into the ground like for Pirates and HM. Of coarse that would mean more dark-rides for seaward. But I am A-OK with that.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                  I personally can't see the Coastal Commission being that much of a problem. Do what Walt did, build into the ground like for Pirates and HM. Of coarse that would mean more dark-rides for seaward. But I am A-OK with that.
                  The water table is pretty high in that part of Mission Bay. If they went any deeper than the exhibit is now any structure there might try to bob to the surface like a cork.
                  Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Working...
                  X