This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Magic Mountain announces "Terminator: The Coaster"

SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN TO ADD 16TH COASTER TO ITS WORLD RENOWNED COLLECTION | With Video

Six Flags Magic Mountain announced their newest coaster this week, Terminator: The Coaster. The ride will sit in the spot vacated when Psyclone was removed last year.

will combine innovative thrill ride technology with the signature science fiction punch of the Terminator brand. The debut is scheduled to coincide with the release of the McG directed film next year, and will introduce fans to an entirely new universe inspired by the film's post apocalyptic setting.

The $10 million coaster, engineered exclusively for the Valencia theme park by Great Coasters International Inc. (GCII), will feature a loading station "fly-thru," a state-of-the-art sight and sound package, and unique queue line and on-board entertainment elements. The GCII-designed Millennium Flyer coaster trains will zip through five belly-flopping hills and six high speed banked turns over 2,850 feet of track to create a ride that delivers the acrobatic thrills of a modern roller coaster while retaining the nostalgic look and feel of a classic "woodie."

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain announces "Terminator: The Coaster"

I could have sworn I just saw this thread somewhere else...

That ride looks fun.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
      I could have sworn I just saw this thread somewhere else...

That ride looks fun.
      I posted this in July:

http://micechat.com/forums/non-disne...ml#post3004188

Comment

whats a "loading station 'fly-thru'"?
        When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
        -----
        MiceChat member since 1/16/05 (goin for the least posts/day record!!!)

Comment

That looks cool- I'll have to check it out!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSayImGoofy View Post
            whats a "loading station 'fly-thru'"?
            It means the coaster track design goes through (actually above) the loading station at one point, thus sending trains "flying" through the station. Thus heightening anticipation for riders about to board.

You can see it in the concept art, how the station has a higher roof that's sloped in a different direction.

Comment

I must be out of the loop; when did Universal lose the theme park rights to the Terminator franchise and when did Six Flags pick it up?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                I must be out of the loop; when did Universal lose the theme park rights to the Terminator franchise and when did Six Flags pick it up?
                Universal and Six Flags both have Marvel characters in their parks. The difference is that Six Flags just wants a cool coaster, and that doesn't really compete with the theme park rides of Universal...

Comment

Originally posted by tllsknywhtboy View Post
                  Universal and Six Flags both have Marvel characters in their parks. The difference is that Six Flags just wants a cool coaster, and that doesn't really compete with the theme park rides of Universal...
                  I could be wrong but Six Flags has DC characters, not Marvel.

And if you look at the Terminator franchise, the films themselves have had several different studios involved. T3 was backed by Warner bros. T2 was what... carolco right? Universal has the T2 Terminator... .Six Flags has T4 terminator...

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                    If you want to know the long story PM me, MasterGracey.

Carolco (original Terminator franchise producer) went out of business.

Warner Bros. picked up the rights to the franchise (Revenge of the Machines, Terminator Salvation).

Six Flags used to belong to Time Warner, still has WB characters in the park including DC (Batman, Superman etc.) and now they'll get Terminator Salvation.

Universal's deal on the original series is not affected. Don't draw conclusions.

Next time... DreamWorks...Universal...Paramount...Universal

Comment

just me or doesn't a wooden coaster not seem right for a Terminator theme?

Comment

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
                        I agree, its seems more suited for a metal looping LIM roller coaster. After all, the Terminator is made of metal.
                        Last edited by jonyyeh; 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM. Reason: metal

Comment

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
                          Yeah, that's the worst case of synergy that I've ever seen. This concept would have never made it out of a WDI "blue sky" session in Glendale... which makes me glad that I'm a Disney fan.

A Terminator coaster should be polished stainless steel and chrome, with exposed machined parts, gleeming hydraulic servo-mechanisms, and animatronic T-800's and T-1000's staring you down (with glowing red eyes) as you leave the "Skynet" terminal.

Wooden Rollercoasters...? That's sooooo 20th century! :thumbdown
                          Charlie :wave:
                          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

They should make a steel coaster next... the fastest ever built. I think they should call it THE LUMBERJACK.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X