This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Plantation dark ride to reopen May 16, 2009

According to the official press Six Flags Over Georgia the Monster Plantation dark ride will reopen this weekend May 16, 2009 as the Monster Mansion. I can't wait to see the first videos and pictures. Here is a promo video/animatic for the new dark ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x96livp2baY]YouTube - Monster Mansion Animation[/ame]

Re: Monster Plantation dark ride to reopen May 16, 2009

There's a Six Flags with a dark ride... that is news! And good to see too... more of this please...

Comment

Actually, the Monster Plantation has been around for quite some time! And better? It's original, not based on a movie or tv show or kids' book.

Peace,
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

it features pooh and pirate effects...
        six flags should keep doing what they do best...

Comment

LOVE Monster Plantation. Glad it's reopening.

Not everything has to be "Disney Quality" to be fun and entertaining. If you go into the ride expecting to have a great time and not expecting Pirates or Mansion, you'll love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            LOVE Monster Plantation. Glad it's reopening.

Not everything has to be "Disney Quality" to be fun and entertaining. If you go into the ride expecting to have a great time and not expecting Pirates or Mansion, you'll love it.
            Well, you also have to assume they are upgrading the mechanisms and effects, so it's going to be pretty nice quality. Here are some construction photos too:

Construction Photos: Monster Mansion

I remember seeing photos of this ride in a kids magazine National Geographic used to put out. I can't remember the name. The character designs are really good. Very Marc Davis.

Comment

Here is the Making Of Monster Plantation. Really a fun video. Such a fun theme song.

Videos | ajc.com | ajc.com

Comment

I was watching video from the attraction. Looks neat.

Comment

Originally posted by vfire View Post
                  There's a Six Flags with a dark ride... that is news! And good to see too... more of this please...
                  A few Six Flags parks have Dark Knight dark rides.

Unfortunately, reviews haven't been that favorable, though, as they don't seem to amount to much more than wild mouse rides in the dark.

Comment

^ Apparently some of them got a few upgrades during the off-season, though I can't remember which versions got the added effects, nor did they say exactly what those effects were. Wish I knew more!
                    "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

now here's an ACTUAL sign that they're going towards family friendly if I've ever heard one. It looks a bit cheesy for my taste but actually kinda fun. If I'm ever in Georgia I'll probably check it out
                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                        Well, you also have to assume they are upgrading the mechanisms and effects, so it's going to be pretty nice quality.
                        I was more referring to the post below when I was saying that it's okay that not everything is "Disney" quality.

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                        it features pooh and pirate effects...
                        six flags should keep doing what they do best...
                        I'm sure the ride will be much improved and will be awesome (the old version was as well). Hope to get out to SFOG sometime again and ride this (and the other new additions since we were there.

I think I may have to go through my video footage from SFOG and see if I have any decent footage of the ride.

Comment

Monster Plantation in it's former incarnation was a better ride than Winnie The Pooh at DL.
                          See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

The Dark Knight Coaster at Six Flags Great America in Chicago is the one that got the upgrades. They added the missing theming to the bottom portion and added black tarps to make the ride darker and more like a dark ride with separate show scenes.

Comment

If the weather is fair, I may be heading out to the park on Sunday. I'd like to be there Opening Day, but just cannot bring myself to go to Six Flags on a Saturday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X