This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Giant wooden coaster closed!

I have seen on the news that the Texas Giant wooden coaster at Six Flags over Texas has "closed indefinately". The ride had an emergency stop, and an evacuation. There are currently teams of engineers checking out the ride. Does any one have any more information?

Re: Texas Giant wooden coaster closed!

Haven't heard anything about it. I know it is scheduled to undergo an extensive rehab for Six Flags anniversary in 2011. Maybe it pulled a Space Mountain and needs to get brought down sooner.

Comment

i hope so ^
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. I honestly felt like the ride was going to bounce itself right off the tracks going up & around the first huge turn after the first drop. Since it was my first time ever riding it, that made it actually more fun, but I can see how that could be a source of trouble.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

I went on Texas Giant in 2006, and it was the worst roller coaster i have ever been on. It was to bumpy. I felt like I was going to fall out. I was holding on for dear life. Hopefully with the repair, it will feel like Ghostrider at Knotts Berry Farm.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
            Hopefully with the repair, it will feel like Ghostrider at Knotts Berry Farm.
            I hope your kidding.

Ghostrider is probably one of the WORST woodies out there, even worse than TX Giant. Granted, I rode TX Giant in 2005, but I didn't find it that bad.

Comment

The coaster has now reopened. Here's an article that explains the reasons for closure:
              Inspector says Texas Giant car lost position on track | WFAA.com | Latest News

Unfortunately, the coaster will not be changed to a tubular steel track, and will probably still be as rough. It doesn't make much difference to me though. I wouldn't go on it anyway.

Comment

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed riding Texas Giant since 2005??

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X