• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my7dwarves
    replied
    Re: Dead Leaves and the Not So Dirty Ground : An SFMM Trip report

Yay!! A Brand trip report!!
    I haven't been to SFMM since I was like 5, so it is interesting to see what is all there... Keep the pics coming!! :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Nice start! I look forward to seeing more!
    Thanks Pengy!

Btw, Team Coke says "hi"

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
    Did you really need a front of the line pass? The park looks empty, lol
    I'm glad you brought that up, dth316.

To clarify, the skip the line pass, shown here

is a bonus reward for passholders and good only for one ride, not an entire day of rides. Also you only have a limited time to use them before expiration.

I thought I played my hand pretty well with this pass and used it to its greatest potential on this day.

Since I was at the gates before opening, I got a look at what sort of crowd might be in the park that day. There were two large school groups, one from Nevada, the other from Arizona. I didn't get a locals passholder vibe from many in the crowd so I figured everyone would head over to X2 first and then proceed either clockwise or counterclockwise around the park to ride as many different rides as possible.

I also knew that with park closing at 6 pm, the crowds would be capped for the day by 2 pm so the X2 line would most likely be shorter during that time.

Accordingly, I decided that since I wanted to use the pass for X2, I needed to redeem it in the early afternoon. So while the gates opened and everyone ran towards X2, I went to Guest Relations to redeem the voucher for that pass and then rode Tatsu, Superman and Terminator a few times.

I finally made my way over to X2 shortly before noon and the line looked like this

What would have been a good hour to hour and a half wait was only 10 minutes thanks to the pass. Granted, X2 was a walk on later in the day like I was expecting but I had no way to be certain of that and so I did what I had to in order to guarantee myself at least one ride on it.

Hopefully that addresses your concerns and if you don't mind, I have a trip report to get back to.

Leave a comment:

• plagued
    replied

i'd like to hear your thoughts on the Terminator coaster.. i've heard great things about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan120420
    replied

^During the summer yes.

Leave a comment:

• dth316
    replied

Did you really need a front of the line pass? The park looks empty, lol

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Nice start! I look forward to seeing more!

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by Tui View Post
    I just came in to give my thumbs up to the White Stripes reference in the title.
    Thanks! It was purely coincidental though.

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

I just came in to give my thumbs up to the White Stripes reference in the title.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X