X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sir clinksalot
    replied
    Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain 3 New Coasters For the 2011 Season

Have not heard anything yet, but I'd say that Memorial Day is as good a guess as any.

Leave a comment:

• dth316
    replied

Any word on the official opening for Green Lantern? I suspect Memorial Dayish.

Leave a comment:

• JMora
    replied

Defiantly becoming a roller coaster 'Heaven' once again =)

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied
    edit. as for right now, no news for the toy drive. the toy drive should be 6 days but six flags said nothing.... yet.
    Last edited by DannyLand; 11-28-2010, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Cheerleaders should always be avoided at all costs ... no matter the park.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    does anyone no if they are doing a toy drive in december? n is it busy?
    I went on a Toy Drive Saturday two years ago and it was extremely busy. I think it was due mainly to some cheerleading event and not necessarily the toys for tots donations itself.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    I would be surprised if they didn't do it this year. I did a google search and didn't see anything yet. I'll reach out to our press contact to see if they have any dates yet.

I've gone on the Toys for Tots days before, and it's surprisingly not very busy. But as always, a Sunday will be less busy than a Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

More pics from the SFMM Facebook Page:

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Some pics from the SFMM facebook page: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Facebook

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
    But I don't think they are marketing it as 3 new coasters. They are calling it 3 new coaster experiences. A subtle difference, but I think a fair and accurate one. Superman will be a very different experience, there's no getting around that.
    True, didn't think of it that way.

Leave a comment:

• JesterMn
    replied

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
    Anyways, it is interesting how the employees tell you that MM is getting 3 new roller coasters. I am sorry, but a paint job on Superman and turning the cars around is not a new roller coaster. Just my honest opinion.
    But I don't think they are marketing it as 3 new coasters. They are calling it 3 new coaster experiences. A subtle difference, but I think a fair and accurate one. Superman will be a very different experience, there's no getting around that.

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied

I was at SFMM yesterday, and managed not to get stung by any bees.

Anyways, it is interesting how the employees tell you that MM is getting 3 new roller coasters. I am sorry, but a paint job on Superman and turning the cars around is not a new roller coaster. Just my honest opinion.

One employee in the tower was trying to say they were not allowed to talk about the new rides. I asked him if he realized that it is already been announced on the news and videos are online. He didn't know how to respond.

I rarely give credit to MM employees, but some went out of their way last night as we were leaving. While riding the "tram" to the parking lot, a motorcyclist went down on the turn just past the pedestrian crossing. It was misting outside and he probably took the turn to fast on his crotch rocket and he went down. The employee working the crossing immediately went to his aid and the tram driver stopped his tram to broadcast the emergency over his radio to get the Sheriff's there, who responded in less than a minute. Good job by these employees.

Leave a comment:

• PeoplemoverMatt
    replied

37mph is still faster than a coaster that you may have heard of named Space Mountain, and keep in mind that you'll be either somersaulting or vertically swaying pretty far while traveling at that speed.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    looking at the lanterns seat concept in the online LA times
    Six Flags Magic Mountain hopes to reclaim roller coaster title with Green Lantern ride | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

this will be a intresting coaster..but 37MPH...thats like Jaguars speed isnt it?
    37mph for that type of ride is probably about right ... The speed is the ONLY thing that would compare this to Jaguar.

Terminator is only 50mph.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFan28
    replied

looking at the lanterns seat concept in the online LA times
    Six Flags Magic Mountain hopes to reclaim roller coaster title with Green Lantern ride | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

this will be a intresting coaster..but 37MPH...thats like Jaguars speed isnt it?

Leave a comment:

• PeoplemoverMatt
    replied

Well the official announcement has come and it's essentially exactly what the video shows.

Leave a comment:

• PeoplemoverMatt
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The video is NOT the official announcement, the video was leaked and found online.
    Someone should probably tell Brady McDonald that.

Leave a comment:

• knottslover77
    replied

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Here is a video of a similar ride in Sweeden:

This ride sounds like it's going to be just.... eh. I'm still going to have fun riding this but I just can't see myself waiting in line for three hours to ride this. There have been some rumors I've been hearing that their next big coaster is a B & M dive coaster for 2012. Let's hope this is true.
    This coaster is half the size of SFMM version.

SFMM's is way bigger it is the lagrge size version. this is the samll size. And does about 3 times as many "moves" if you will.

Robb Alvey Form Theme Park Review Also said it was one of the best coasters he has been on.
    Last edited by knottslover77; 10-20-2010, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid112
    replied

Here is a video of a similar ride in Sweeden:

This ride sounds like it's going to be just.... eh. I'm still going to have fun riding this but I just can't see myself waiting in line for three hours to ride this. There have been some rumors I've been hearing that their next big coaster is a B & M dive coaster for 2012. Let's hope this is true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X