Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Six Flags Magic Mountain Question

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumminwilly
    started a topic Six Flags Magic Mountain Question

Six Flags Magic Mountain Question

I've been reading these blogs for awhile now, but I'm new to the forum. I'm doing a little research and I can't find what Magic Mountain's Capacity is. I want to know how many guests can be there before they close the gates. If any of you know or can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!!

• KingEric
    replied
    Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain Question

@sir clinksalot thanks! I was not familiar with when they are seasonal and what not. 10k a day isn't bad at all.

Now I want to figure out what their hourly ridership capability is. Taking each rides theoretical hourly capacity, and add it up.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Well, it's really not hard to figure out:

These are from this year:

They are open weekends = 104 days
    They are typically open every day from Easter to Labor Day = 125 days (not counting weekends)
    They are open Friday's in October = 5 days
    Random Holiday's (Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Presidents Day, etc) = 5 days
    Week between Xmas and New Years = 7 days
    Total = 246 days

If you take the average yearly attendance of 2.5 million and divide by 246 days you get an average daily attendance of 10,162.

Not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

according to independent figures in 2009, Magic Mountain saw 2,500,000 guests which averages out to 6,849 people per day IF they operated 365 days a year (which they don't)

If someone wants to figure out how many days out of the year they are open, then calculate the average attendance per day, I would be grateful. Six Flags Magic Mountain Park Info

Leave a comment:

• MactheMan
    replied

I read 20K somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• PeoplemoverMatt
    replied

Not sure on the capacity, but the park has not cracked 30,000 in a day in the past couple of years. There hasn't been a time when the gates would need to be closed in quite a while.

It's not something you have to worry about if you're thinking about paying a visit to SFMM.

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

I have no idea. But a lot of these parks don't really have a concrete number unlike Disney and Universal who face crowd levels that hit their theoretical maximum capacity.

Here in Florida they use a formula of sorts to determine how many can be allowed in a park at a a time.

You take the square footage for every OPEN shop, restraint, attraction and plaza area and divide that by 70 (i believe, it is 70 sq per person). And that is your maximum capacity.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

welcome!
    no, ive no idea what the Capacity is but it's pretty big to me and in the middle of no where so idk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X