This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures and Review of Six Flags Magic Mountain's Fright Fest

Wow, I'm surprised Six Flags has a philosophy when it comes to this stuff at all. But I think that SOUNDS like some really good reasoning, however, I don't think that's the case. Masks just have to fit on the character's head properly, in my opinion. If the neck flap is hanging out and the head is too big, ofcourse it looks goofy (I see this at Knotts quite often,actually but usually it's too dark to tell unless you're looking for it). But then there's masks that look like they're custom made for the actor/monster and it sells the moment really well.

My gripe with the Fright Fest face paint is that it's not elaborate enough. It LOOKS like mostly just some ghoulish glow and some shading, maybe a prosthetic nose and jaw line then ta-da (especially the clowns). Not to undermine what they do but Knotts and especially Universal do a way more convincing job that makes it look more realistic instead of some standard high school stage make up.

Comment

^ You also have to take into consideration that I was using Flash in the mazes ... the make-up using "Maze Lighting" looks different.

As I said, I'm hoping to get back up there once more before the end of the run, maybe I'll see if I can find a spot in a couple of the mazes to just sit and take pictures for awhile, not using Flash.

Comment

Never even been to Six Flags in person, but I know the "Gotham City" park statue when I see it At least I think that's where it used to be.
        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

^ Winner!!!

Here is the statue in it's previous location
          Click image for larger version

Name:	496886200_nkmeX-L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	7336665

And now

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG7845-copy-M.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	7336666

Comment

Question it says on the Website that if you get an AP you get to go to Fright nights.....but you guys say it still costs 8 bucks? If its true why do they make it sound like you get in for free?
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

^ Is it if you buy an AP that day? Then yes, they are running that deal now.

But for "existing" Passholders, it's $8 for the bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                Question it says on the Website that if you get an AP you get to go to Fright nights.....but you guys say it still costs 8 bucks? If its true why do they make it sound like you get in for free?
                Admission into the park during Fright Fest is included with a Season Pass.

Admission into the mazes that open at 7pm is $10, $8 for Season Pass holders.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  ^ Is it if you buy an AP that day? Then yes, they are running that deal now.

But for "existing" Passholders, it's $8 for the bracelet.
                  Well we will be getting them that night soooo sounds like we'll get in for Free...nice
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Very interesting to see! I live near St. Louis and I went to the Six Flags St. Louis Fright Fest a couple of weekends ago (Six Flags is only opened on weekends in October and closes after Halloween for the season.) It was really cool to compare and contrast the two Fright Fests. They did not have any mazes that I saw in St. Louis, but they did have a haunted Hay Ride and 2 Haunted Houses. However at $7 a person for each special thing, I passed on doing any of those. Fright Fest goes on the entire day, not just after night. The costumed performers roam around once it is dusk, but there are Halloween themed shows and things up all day long. I can post some photos of anyone is interested.

Sara
                    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
                    DLR: 1999, 2009
                    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
                    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi, do u possibly have any more pics of Cursed???

Comment

Working...
                      X