X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpet
    replied
    Re: Sling Shot-now open

A carnival ride, but helps the theme of the area, and it loks fun. The enjoymanet of the ride is all that matters

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

^ No, if it was the flat ride version of Green Lantern you'd only flip once.

Leave a comment:

• mratigan
    replied

^its the flat ride version of Green Lantern :blush:

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Finally rode Slingshot today. It's fun, I don't know if I'd do it again. I didn't realize you flip so much and in my old age (37 lol) I just can't do those flippy things anymore.

There is no video on the ride but it's fun. I think it's worth the Season Pass price of 2 for $30. Just FYI, you have to ride with 2 people. Because I was solo (and with park reps) one of the ride ops rode with me. I don't think they offer that to everybody.

Full review in our update later this week.

Leave a comment:

• TacAlert
    replied

The linked article clearly says the ride vehicle has video mounts.

Leave a comment:

• BlAcKoUt510
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I don't think they have that on this one, at least not that I've heard. I'll find out next week.
    I believe they should have them running soon. Someone mentioned seeing the wiring for video cameras somewhere on the ride.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

^ I don't think they have that on this one, at least not that I've heard. I'll find out next week.

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

the one local to us puts two people in a ball cage. And they film you during the shot.. which of course you can buy afterwards on DVD

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

^ Probably not, only way we could do that is if they had some kind of "media day" with on-ride video. I don't see that happening for such a minor addition.

Maybe they'll have something on the same day as Full Throttle's Media Day, but I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• mratigan
    replied

it seems like a last minute addition
    can you take a pov??

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Meh, it's a carnival ride. And $30 to ride it seems a bit steep (although you can get 2 for $30 if you have a Season Pass).

Will be heading up to the park next week, should be able to get a ride and report back in our update.

Leave a comment:

• mratigan
    started a topic Sling Shot-now open

Sling Shot-now open

Ride Profile: Slingshot |
    looks fun
Working...
X