Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Sooooo... how intense is Green Lantern?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Sooooo... how intense is Green Lantern?

Still waiting on Full Throttle to open *taps foot impatiently* and Green Lantern is one of three already operating rides that I have yet to go on. I started looking up videos on GL and read some reviews and it seems a lot of people are saying that the ride is pretty intense. I have even read that X2 and GL are the most intense rides at SFMM... really?!?!

I love a good roller coaster, such as X2 which happens to be one of my favorite coasters there, but I don't want to get nauseous. I've read someone describe the first drop as a small reminder of Free Fall and I HATED Free Fall. It was the worst feeling I've experienced on a ride. But I love Tower of Terror and Supreme Scream. Both attractions are far from giving you the same sensation as the devil that was Free Fall. *shudders*

I can handle most roller coasters, except for Revolution. Strange, I know, but there is a section that gets me soooo nauseous, and that is from the first drop to after the 2nd hill. I don't know why, it gets me sick! Every other ride at Six Flags I'm fine with.

I also watched an on-ride video of GL on Youtube and the guy behind the camera kept saying, "Oh god, no! No! No! No! Please stop!" The ride appears to be quite deceptive...

I have recently been on Mission: SPACE as well, and while I did think it was intense (and got a little dizzy, not too bad) I loved it.

Should I steer clear? : D

Re: Sooooo... how intense is Green Lantern?

I don't find GL:FF or X2 to be that intense, as far as the "Forces" are concerned. I find Batman, the Tatsu Pretzel loop and the Goliath Helix to be more intense.

That said, the motion of GL:FF is pretty intense and I actually found it incredibly painful the last time I rode it. As such I won't be riding it ever again.

You can get a pretty good idea of the ride from our video from Media Day.

Last edited by sir clinksalot; 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hmm, you guys seems to enjoying the ride. It Does look like it tosses riders front and back quite strong. I can handle Tatsu and Goliath perfectly. I think I may take some Dramamine first before I go to the parks, just in case... haha. Thanks for the help! I guess I'll decided the day of. So Full Throttle better hurry up and open because I don't want to go in the summer heat : /

Comment

I went on GL for the first time like a month ago! I was scared but really excited! I LOVED it though I was surprised because people said it sucked but to me it was right up there with X2 if you like X2 I recommend going on it because its super fun and you have nothing to be scared about!!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the input Disneylvr!! I have yet to go because it's just too hot so I'm going to wait until the fall. Perhaps I'll make a trip in November : )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X