Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

What to do at Six Flags Great America

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What to do at Six Flags Great America

I will be making my first trip to Six Flags Great America (north of Chicago) on June 19th and was wondering if there are any seats on the roller coasters that are there that provide a unique ride experience or other non roller coaster rides that are worth riding. I will pretty much be doing all the roller coasters there as well as some of the flat rides so I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Current coaster count: 179
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Re: What to do at Six Flags Great America

I was there last year. Don't recall sepecific seats, but I will tell you, the park is HUGE. Plan on a lot of walking, and probably a lot of crowds.

Goliath is there new one, and it's great. However, the lines can top 2+ hours, and never gets shorter. Get to it immediately.

i believe their Batman is currently running backwards. The Whizzer is the last of its kind, and is a lot of fun. Dark Knight coaster in just a standard mad mouse in the dark with a few effects. If you do ride it without a Fast Lane, the line moves very slow. Same with Verical Velocity, since it can only run one train at a time.

Fiddler's Fling is a Schwartzkopf Calypso, and is run well. Not many are left. Revolution is a Huss Frisbee, and those are also relatively rare in the States. I also think Ricohet is fun, and they aren't too common either. Triple Play is a Trioka, a good family flat. And those a just my favorites, they have more (Orbit/Enterpise, East River Crawler/Polyup, Condor, Scrambler, Top Spin, Wave Swinger, etc.). So it's a big park with a lot to do.

And if you get the Fast Lane (which I would recommend if you only have one day), one critical piece of information that they don't make clear... To get on Goliath, not only is it an upcharge to the Fast Lane, but you only get to ride it twice max, while all other rides are unlimited.
    Last edited by JesterMn; 06-13-2015, 02:42 PM.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Thanks, I did see there are quite a few unique rides there with the famous double carousel called the Columbia Carousel at the entrance. Wikipedia says the park is about 304 acres in size which is a size able park but just 60 acres short of Cedar Point. It's a good thing I bought some new walking shoes that have already been broken in. I plan on being there for three days so hopefully I won't need to use the Fast Lane tickets.

Comment

Thanks for the advice JesterMn as I had a great three days there. Unfortunately, Batman had already been turned back around and Condor (HUSS) and Orbit (Schwarzkopf) were down all three days and Goliath was down two and a half days. But fortunately it became operational with five hours left in the last day. I pretty much did all the rides and coasters there with Goliath, Raging Bull, and Whizzer being my favorite coasters. Ricochet, the Swing Around ride was fun and so was the East River Crawler. I found the crawler to be fun but possibly a bit less forceful than the Monster rides from Eyerly Aircraft.

I just posted my off ride video of V2: Vertical Velocity at the park. I've already posted several videos on my YouTube channel and I still have a few more to post in the coming weeks.

https://youtu.be/Jrq9C_YFk6E

Comment

Whizzer is pretty great. Too bad so many of the other rides were down, but it does sound like a great time! I may get just a few hours there later on in the month. Not much time, as I have to squeeze it in around a business trip, but fortunately I was just there for the entire day last year.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Working...
          X