Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

VR coming to New Revolution

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR coming to New Revolution

Riders on the New Revolution will be able to strap on VR goggles (Samsung's Gear VR) that turn the ride into a jet fighter flight through an alien invasion.

VR is coming to 9 coasters in the Six Flags chain, six of which will be the alien invasion and three of which will be flying along with Superman.

https://www.sixflags.com/national/vr/overview

My reaction was, "Why can't people just enjoy a roller coaster as it is without. . ." etc.

Then I told my 10-year-old about it and she said, "COOL! THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!"

Comment

I would have had a great time riding the New Revolution without VR and remembering my first ride on it opening year (1976, I still have the t-shirt) but the modern crowd would probably be less generous towards this historic coaster (first modern vertical loop) so I'm glad they're "plussing" it and making it a big deal 40(!) years later.

Comment

This idea is intriguing because the rider gets to choose VR or not. In addition, the park could provide different VR experiences within the VR experience. For example, it could be a space themed show or a jet fighter based show or you could be a bumble bee flying among the plants in a garden. It really extends the roller coaster platform from being the same old, same old.
        --
        http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Something like this really helps a park like SFMM because they have an overabundance of rollercoasters and not much else. VR could provide some much needed variety of experiences.

Comment

I actually just experienced this on a trip to Texas this weekend, where they were already previewing the VR on their ride Shockwave. I went in very skeptical at best, but it turns out I was totally won over. It was amazing and a blast, and the GP certainly seemed to be enjoying it as well. I almost can't even imagine riding it now without it! Now I'm looking very forward to ours.
            Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

what about people who may be concerned about the germ factor ? I would think these devices make a lot of skin contact near your eyes and nose. Is there is perspiration or just unwashed hands, that could creep some people out. I guess it is all optional...
              --

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                what about people who may be concerned about the germ factor ? I would think these devices make a lot of skin contact near your eyes and nose. Is there is perspiration or just unwashed hands, that could creep some people out. I guess it is all optional...
                They are being cleaned after each use.
                Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

I received an e-mail from Magic Mountain telling me that as a season pass holder, I can sign up for a preview of the New Revolution.
                  Here is the link:

http://content.sixflags.com/news/ent...ent=2016-03-30
                  --

Comment

I just rode it at SF Over Texas and while I went in skeptical, I really liked the concept. While it has turned the Shockwave into a very slow loader, the experience was interesting and they did a great job syncing up the technology with the ride experience. You do have the option to not wear the goggles and just ride the coaster (and you have to be at least 13 to wear the goggles). The employees did a great job helping people who needed assistance with fitting the goggles. They have built two new rides and repurposed another in a DC Comics theme, but I think this is their biggest addition this year. We could go even with the park busy and Shockwave rarely had a line. Now they've basically breathed new life into a coaster that could have been in danger of being closed.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how much this impacts the ride loading times come summer.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                        I actually just experienced this on a trip to Texas this weekend, where they were already previewing the VR on their ride Shockwave. I went in very skeptical at best, but it turns out I was totally won over. It was amazing and a blast, and the GP certainly seemed to be enjoying it as well. I almost can't even imagine riding it now without it! Now I'm looking very forward to ours.
                        Thanks for sharing that, JesterMn! I'm looking forward to hearing how Micechatters like this at Magic Mountain.

I probably won't hit M. Mtn. till my kid is a teen and then only if she wants to go to their Halloween event or maybe their Jewish celebration, if they still have that. I miss the Mooseburger Lodge a little. The parks needs to spend much, MUCH more on gardening. I was there a year ago and is looked as bleak as I remember it. After the Studios park at Disneyland Paris, this is my second least favorite theme park. They're the only two theme parks that don't cheer me up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X