Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFMM Traffic Nightmare - 12-30-18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9iWt7aURAc

MM had to close the parking lot about 3:30pm yesterday according to the local paper. Only drop offs were allowed. CHP and Sheriffs closed MM Pkwy and stopped letting cars up the hill.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

That's kinda what they deserve for offering a BFF day during the busiest time of the year.

Fortunately, because of the debacle, SFMM is extending all annual passes until Jan 6. Check their twitter to confirm.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Yes, all passes and tickets with an expiration date of 12/31 have been extended until 1/6.
      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I've never seen it close to that packed.

I went with a friend on bring a friend free day, thing that went wrong that day was many coasters were working which wasted our entire first hour just walking to closed coasters.

I would never ever stay with those kinda lines, pointless when many days until summer are going to have rides with 5-10 min lines
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          I've never seen it close to that packed.

I went with a friend on bring a friend free day, thing that went wrong that day was many coasters were working which wasted our entire first hour just walking to closed coasters.

I would never ever stay with those kinda lines, pointless when many days until summer are going to have rides with 5-10 min lines
          Back in the 80s, the parking lot was actually bigger. Most of the east side washed away in a flood years ago. But back then the park was also open to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 during the week.

MM has significantly cut back on hours and service and up keep in the past years. Many coasters are not running all trains which causes lines to get longer and longer. Plus, they need to stop the way they allow guests to fill the lines where half empty trains are sometimes dispatched because family and/or friends want to ride together. Disney does it the best when they tell you what aisle number to get into and almost all trains go out full.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

Back in the 80s, the parking lot was actually bigger. Most of the east side washed away in a flood years ago. But back then the park was also open to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 during the week.

MM has significantly cut back on hours and service and up keep in the past years. Many coasters are not running all trains which causes lines to get longer and longer. Plus, they need to stop the way they allow guests to fill the lines where half empty trains are sometimes dispatched because family and/or friends want to ride together. Disney does it the best when they tell you what aisle number to get into and almost all trains go out full.
            Yeah thats for sure on slow days why things dont move as fast as they should....but even if they were at 100 Percent this kinda day are the ones i avoid....90 Percent of the time whenI go to the parks they are not that bad, espcially if you get there at opening.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Working...
            X