Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Mountain to build onsite Hotel?

so I occasionally get surveys from Six Flags as I was a pass holder for about 5 years and the last one was very interesting. It asked about my level of interest in an onsite hotel for Magic Mountain in Valencia. amongst other things they asked about price vs value of being on Magic Mountain property. There was no mention of a "magic morning" type program that Disney provides but there was repeated questions about a variety of amenities like.. free breakfast and meal vouchers for inside the park .

the most telling thing to me was that they repeatedly used $149.00 as the price point. which I believe is a bit lower than a DLR hotel room.
    Attached Files

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Well this Six Flags franchise is very compelling even with the alike amenities

Comment

Thank you, DznyFan17!

I like it. They should study what Universal Orlando is doing well with their lower-priced hotels. And give it its own entrance and have one or two decent places to eat. The weak, unhealthy food options have kept me away from Magic Mountain ever since they destroyed the well-themed Mooseburger Lodge long ago.

It'd be nice to stay at this hotel after their Halloween event, and it would be really cool if--well after the park closed on days when it closes early--hotel guests could enter to ride about five to eight attractions and have the park to themselves for two or three evening hours and be a little like Cartman in the park he briefly owned.
      Last edited by jcruise86; 09-09-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

If it did happen, which it won't, I could only imagine what it would look like in 5 years after opening knowing MM's track record of upkeep.
        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
          If it did happen, which it won't, I could only imagine what it would look like in 5 years after opening knowing MM's track record of upkeep.
          They can barley serve food in a timely manner, keep restrooms clean, water fountains on and rides from closing...but sure lets build a hotel

I wish they fixed the parks first. They have made little strives but some areas still have issues. I always think its funny when I go into the Fast Lane center and there is a line....i'm waiting in a line to skip lines? lol

I used to think they should get a hotel but unless they are planning on adding more are people really in need of a one site hotel?
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

They can barley serve food in a timely manner, keep restrooms clean, water fountains on and rides from closing...but sure lets build a hotel

I wish they fixed the parks first. They have made little strives but some areas still have issues. I always think its funny when I go into the Fast Lane center and there is a line....i'm waiting in a line to skip lines? lol

I used to think they should get a hotel but unless they are planning on adding more are people really in need of a one site hotel?
            They really need to just clean their park, especially the restrooms, agreed.

I remember when Sherwin Williams, a paint company, was a sponsor, and they still couldn't keep the park painted. Hello....free paint!!!!!
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Decades ago I'd get kind of get sad when I saw Magic Mountain's attempt at gardening. It did make me appreciate Disneyland.

But to get off-track from the hotel discussion, I would like to visit again one of these Halloweens.

My daughter and I had an OK time there a few years ago. We got the tickets at a school's silent auction where the minimum bid for two tickets was supposed to be $80. No one bid, so they let me take them both for $40 total. I still had to pay the exorbitant (for Santa Clarita) parking fee.

Comment

Working...
              X