X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformers Ride coming to Universal Studios Hollywood and Singapore

Originally posted by edge4004 View Post
    I agree that it doesn't make sense to be losing 2 attractions for 1, but I just don't see that type of rollercoaster coming to Universal Studios Hollywood because of the noise issue.

Someone else on another message board raised the idea that the Lower Lot needs a facelift. Maybe they need to expand it a little and shift the Special Effects Stages to an adjacent soundstage.
    I made the suggestion that if and when Backdraft and SFX stages and perhaps the soundstage behind them become TRANSFORMERS, that a new SFX might be possible to construct on the hill close to the loading area of the studio tour. Then Backdraft could be part of the studio tour on the lot... like driving from the Metropolitan streetscape inside a studio ala King Kong. Or combine aspects of Backdraft with the new King Kong.

There's also the "empty" Chinese restaurant near the Frankenstein parking structure. Something built there could possibly have access around the Terminator exit/ Coke Soak area.

If and when that coke contract is up, it's probably wiser to put the children's play area back where coke soak is. That area is on top of the parking structure and doesn't require much support like Terminator. Then the Curious George play area could be freed up for an attraction and perhaps foot traffic to and from the Gibson Theater. Since apparently once the Gibson contract is up, something new would take its place.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of this, but Michael Bay posted a blog on his website about the Transformers ride:

Michael Bay update from the Middle East | None | michael bay

10/23/2008 11:45 AM
      The shooting in the the Middle East is ground breaking - an awesome time had by all the crew.

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it yet - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bull**** a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by edge4004 View Post
        I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????
        The person cleaning up the trashcans at the Transformers ride could probably do a better job.
        See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Working...
        X