Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potter Chinese Fireball and Hungarian Horntail Dragons To Replace Fire/Ice Coasters?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potter Chinese Fireball and Hungarian Horntail Dragons To Replace Fire/Ice Coasters?

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Universal Orlando Resort

Universal's Wizarding World site has a new poll that queries participant opinion as to which dragon they would like to ride ..the Chinese Fireball Dragon or Hungarian Horntail Dragon. I feel it is obvious to deduce that they are testing the popularity of the two themes in relationship to retheming the Dueling Dragons coasters.

At this point, I'm thinking that the overall Dueling Dragons theme might be kept, with the individual coaster names alone would being changed.

Dervish and Banges shop (in Hogsmeade) concept art is something else new that is added to the site.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Potter Chinese Fireball and Hungarian Horntail Dragons To Replace Fire/Ice Coaste

Interesting.

Comment

Re: Potter Chinese Fireball and Hungarian Horntail Dragons To Replace Fire/Ice Coaste

Hopefully they will add new versions of the dragons at the entrance to the ride. While It would be nice for them to replace the trains so they look like the dragons from HP I am not going to hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        Hopefully they will add new versions of the dragons at the entrance to the ride. While It would be nice for them to replace the trains so they look like the dragons from HP I am not going to hold my breath.
        Good point, Melonballer. As Universal is already operating on the cheap by converting the ride theme (as opposed to building a new coaster(s), one would hope that new trains would at least be added. You just can't change the name of a ride and expect it to be perceived as a brand new themed experience.
        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-27-2009, 01:06 AM.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

^ It's not so much the trains themselves as are the wheel coverings. Beneath the coverings, all the invert trains are one and the same.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

They are great coasters. It would have been a travesty to tear them down. If anything about that decision smacks of 'cheap' - its that Universal set Potterland down on top of it instead of elsewhere.

Comment

There is really not too much you can add to the trains due to the intensity of the ride.

Comment

I am not against some of the retheaming at the park. Our Family is waiting for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to open. We will probablly go to visit Universal and Disney World next year in instead of Disneyland.

Comment

Operating on the cheap?

They're already building a brand new highly-anticipated attraction... it's not inside an exisiting building and not taking out another attraction that was there before...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

That is so very interesting...
                    Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X