This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is IOA's attendance low?

Why is IOA's attendance low? It only attracted 5 million visitors a year, which is less than DCA.

Re: Why is IOA's attendance low?

Despite all its problems, WDW is a giant vacuum cleaner in central Florida that sucks up all the tourists. Most of them probably don't even know about IOA; they're not theme park aficionados like us. Universal should have built their resort in Texas where it could have been the only game in town with all the attention. They'll always be overshadowed by the Mouse in central Florida and made a big mistake by building there.

Comment

It's a combination of Universal not getting the word out and Disney using tactics like their multi-day pricing system and Magical Express to essentially trap people on their property. That stuff wasn't done to improve the guest experience, it was done to hurt their competition. They've effectively made visiting the other resorts impractical.

Comment

I also do not think that Universal has done a very good job in marketing IOA to people.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
          I also do not think that Universal has done a very good job in marketing IOA to people.
          I think that will improve once "Potterland" is completed. Universal knows they have a lot riding on this new land so not advertising it when it's time for it to open would spell disaster.

Comment

With a new Harry Potter film in theaters this summer, Universal should really start ramping up the marketing on IOA and Harry Potterland.

It would be smart for them to buy ad space in the theaters themselves.

"You read the book, saw the movie . . . now LIVE the Magic of Harry Potter at Universal's Islands of Adventure park in Orlando Florida"
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I believe IOA is a victim of saturation and not really a victim of poor marketing. Most people who come to Orlando do know what's there to be done, but with so much to do in this area, plus Disney's monopoly on tourists' time, most people will have to bypass something due to time and money restrictions... hence IOA, and that is a pity because IOA is thematically speaking the most impressive park in Central Florida... after DAK.

Comment

I love IOA and also the studios..if I had to choose between Disney and Universal I would choose Universal everytime.

Comment

I think that in addition to the reasons that have been listed, many people don't even know that Universal has a second theme park. Also, amen to Vfire's post. We need all the help we can get here in the Lone Star state. It could easily knock out our Six Flags parks.

Comment

Building a park in central Florida to compete with Disney is just folly. Looks like Legoland is about to make the same mistake and build its second US park in Florida. The area simply does not have enough locals to support all these parks, and tourism to Florida is down and will continue to decrease in the future (airfares up, economy down). Build theme parks where there's good weather (not sticky humidity and rain), lots of middle class locals with families, and where you're close to being the only game in town. The man Walt himself built his park in the perfect place, southern California.

Comment

its a shame that more people dont' visit IoA, altho i do agree that will change after Pottersville (my nickname for it) opens...so long as Universal remembers to market it

IoA is an amazingly beautiful park, i was stunned by the detail of themeing when we went to Universal Orlando for HHN in 2007

and now i miss the Suess ride in the sky over Suessland!
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                        its a shame that more people dont' visit IoA, altho i do agree that will change after Pottersville (my nickname for it) opens...so long as Universal remembers to market it

Will George Bailey be running through it at Christmas?
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                          Will George Bailey be running through it at Christmas?
                          :lol:
                          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                          Originally posted by pratt55
                          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Hopefully thi will mean low crowds when i go LOL!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

We love going to Universal! We get to stroll right through, we get to go from park to park withouth the transportation hassle and its sooo nice in IOA
                              -Tyler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X