This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usj osaka to close ET?

Can anyone shed some light on this, over on screamscape they are reporting ET is in its finale stage and will be closing they even have a sign stating finale in may? Im hoping this just lost in translation. I really enjoyed riding this attraction back when I was in USJ back in february... Its such a great attraction , it had a long line and I would hate to see it dissapear forever...

Re: usj osaka to close ET?

let's wait for the info....!
    my heart is yours

Comment

If you look at the history of Screamscapes "rumors", they probably are only slightly better than trying to predict an earthquake. I'd wait for some solid rumors before you get too upset.

Comment

It isn't really a rumor.

http://www.coasterfriends.de/Media/2...2/IMG_1696.jpg
        Last edited by NeverNeverland; 05-02-2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

Comment

Wow.

I wonder what's going to be put there in its place.

Comment

I sure hope that's not a portent of things to come in Orlando. ET is one of my favorite rides there. I'd hate to lose it.

Comment

The state of ET at the Orlando park is so sad, I would say it needs to be demolished for good.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                The state of ET at the Orlando park is so sad, I would say it needs to be demolished for good.
                Exaggerate much? While certain aspects of the attraction are outdated, I'm having a hard time thinking of much that isn't working properly. It's certainly in better shape than most of Disney's dark rides. It's a quality attraction that would be sorely missed.
                Last edited by JtnOrl; 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  If you look at the history of Screamscapes "rumors", they probably are only slightly better than trying to predict an earthquake. I'd wait for some solid rumors before you get too upset.
                  I don't understand all the hate Screamscape gets. As far as I can tell, most of their rumors about larger park additions wind up as true, especially for Universal (i.e. The Simpsons Ride, Hollywood Rockit, Harry Potter, Blue Man Group, the countless Horror Night rumors).

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                    Very sad. I LOVED the ET attraction at Universal in Hollywood. I think it was better than the crappy Mummy ride which replaced it. Hopefully they have better ideas for the space in Japan.
                    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 05-02-2009, 12:09 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                      Exaggerate much?
                      When compared to the Universal Japan version? No, not really exaggerating much, then again, I would bet you have not been to this Universal park which is the finest Universal theme park out there in theming, show quality, cleanliness, merchandise, food... and just about every other respect where the Orlando (studios) park does an acceptable (but not outstanding) job. Japan seems to bring the best out of the american companies there.. not only is TDR a knockout park, so is USJ, and even McDonald's have better food quality and menus over our own in the USA. As sad as the USF ET ride if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        When compared to the Universal Japan version? No, not really exaggerating much, then again, I would bet you have not been to this Universal park which is the finest Universal theme park out there in theming, show quality, cleanliness, merchandise, food... .
                        Haven't had the pleasure. I'm sure it will be fun. I just hope I don't miss our "sad" E.T. Adventure while I'm there. You know, since Japan won't have one... at all...

Comment

Personally? I will not miss ET. I just hope that USJ comes up with a better ride than Mummy to replace it.

Comment

I love E.T but I was born in the 80s so that is a very special movie to me.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Wasn't ET supposed to close in Orlando at some point this past year? I remember people going on it for its "last day" but low and behold it's still open. Was a decision reversed?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X