Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Casper Attraction at the studios?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Casper Attraction at the studios?

This past week with Halloween, it got me thinking. Universal released "Casper back in 1995 and it did very well at the box office. Why didn't Universal take advantage of this and make a haunted dark ride attraction for Casper and his uncles? I know that the parks used to carry casper merchandise back in the 90's when the Universal produced Casper animated series was still airing.

With Casper turning 60 this year, I say that it is about time that Universal creative reach an agreement with Harvery via owners Classic Media to make an attraction for the friendly ghost at Orlando and Hollywood.

What do you guys think?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Re: Why no Casper Attraction at the studios?

I did always think that little chair ride he had in his mansion looked like a helluva lotta fun.

Comment

Hey, you're right! What's up with that?

Universal really needs to look at its own library and do something with it. Maybe they lost the rights to the character since they haven't done anything with it?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

They're Cheap...new rids are rarely added and when they are (Mummy or simpsons) they take over old attractions. So I hope Transformers takes over Backdraft because they dont need to lose another ride.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Casper doesn't strike me as a marketable property. The movie was released ages ago, and I've heard nothing about it since then.

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          They're Cheap...new rids are rarely added and when they are (Mummy or simpsons) they take over old attractions. So I hope Transformers takes over Backdraft because they dont need to lose another ride.
          USH isn't cheap, it lacks space. And yes, Transformers is replacing Backdraft.

Comment

Backdraft AND Special Effects Stages, which saddens me, because it's the only place at Universal where people get to see how movies are actually made. Tram just shows you WHERE they're made, not so much HOW. Transformers better be awesome...

Comment

i remember when the movie came out, USH had a meet and greet with Casper. I have no clue where my picture of that is. It was around where the Pub is, close to where the Fear Factor LIVE sign up/audition area was.

Anyone remember?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

No Space is the reason they dont add attractions...i wish they had more space...do we have any Time lines for King Kong or Transformers? any other things coming down USH?

Comment

Originally posted by disneysnout View Post
                  No Space is the reason they dont add attractions...i wish they had more space...do we have any Time lines for King Kong or Transformers? any other things coming down USH?
                  I was speaking more of Universal orlando than Hollywood, but it could work there as well. I just feel that Universal had missed some chances at great new attractions for the parks.
                  Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by disneysnout View Post
                    King Kong is supposed to be ASAP... probably next year at this point. Transformers is 2012. I know, it's a long time to wait.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Casper has been a little too friendly lately... and nobody likes him any longer. He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance getting his own attraction, and rightfully so. Talk to Wendy, Spooky and the Trio. They'll fill you in.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X