Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers to Replace Special Effects Stages and BackDraft???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers to Replace Special Effects Stages and BackDraft???

Now I really want a new ride at Universal I mean the place is great (I go once a month) but would love to see more rides. I knew that Backdraft was being replaced with Transformers and thats great but I heard that the Special Effects show is also being taken down to make room for this new ride.

Anyone but me mad that were losing to attractions for one? I mean Universal needs to bring back the Wild West show then to make up for the lost of another attraction.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: Transformers to Replace Special Effects Stages and BackDraft???

Nope. I'm very happy about it.

USH needs something more than shows. They only have 4 rides in the whole park. (Studio Tour, Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Simpsons). They're replacing a 20 year old attraction in Backdraft and a IMO mediocre Special Effects show. People have been asking for a clone of Spiderman from IOA, and they're getting it with Transformers.

USH has the same problem that DCA did when it opened. More shows, less rides. Now they're fixing it.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I'll repeat what I posted in another forum:

Originally posted by Mike Folf
      Universal needs more attractions based on production and interactivity with the guests and less attractions based on trendy films with short longevity.
      Seriously, and this applies to all Entertainment companies, If you're gonna make a replacement, make something that will last and not something that looks more like a marketing and promotional attempt. Of course, in today's shareholder-centric world, that's impossible.
      Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
      I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Meh, Universal needs RIDES. Transformers is a franchise that has been around for 25+ years. Trendy topic? Hardly. It's using a ride system that is what I consider to be among the best in the world. I'm looking forward to this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I agree. The summer of 2011 is going to be HUGE for so-cal theme parks.

Comment

Take a look at the artwork out there on the net and let me know if your still dissapointed.

http://micechat.com/forums/universal...spiderman.html

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              Take a look at the artwork out there on the net and let me know if your still dissapointed.

http://micechat.com/forums/universal...spiderman.html
              Looks great. Has this been officially announced for USH?

It'll be great to have a new ride with cutting-edge technology, but i'm also disappointed we will be losing the Special Effects Stages and Backdraft. Ok, Backdraft is very outdated.. but I still like that these attractions provide a behind the scenes look of movie-making. They work well with the Studios aspect of the park.

The same thing happened with DHS in Florida. The park shifted from a studios/moviemaking theme to "Ride the movies!" - similar to what USH is doing

and I know it's been a couple years now but i'm still upset they got rid of ET :rant:
              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                The same thing happened with DHS in Florida. The park shifted from a studios/moviemaking theme to "Ride the movies!" - similar to what USH is doing
                You may not remember, but USH's slogan 20-25 years ago was actually "Ride the Movies". This was prior to USF.

Comment

Transformers opens in 2012. Not 2011.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

You may not remember, but USH's slogan 20-25 years ago was actually "Ride the Movies". This was prior to USF.
                    Yes, I remember that - that's why I brought it up I think that slogan still shows up in the guidemaps, at least it did a few years ago.

Still. A bit disappointing to learn they will get rid of attractions that feature the process of movie-making.
                    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                      Transformers opens in 2012. Not 2011.
                      Universal Studios Hollywood plans Transformers ride for 2011 - Travel - LATimes.com

Comment

from that article:

"Scheduled to begin construction in fall 2009,"

have they started construction? Backdraft was still open when I visited last month..
                        - Adventure Is Waiting -

Comment

I would have very mixed feelings if I were a USH fan. Transformers is bound to be impressive, but a park like USH can't really afford to lose two attractions for one. Its list of attractions is already pretty dinky.

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                            from that article:

"Scheduled to begin construction in fall 2009,"

have they started construction? Backdraft was still open when I visited last month..
                            The little mermaid barley started construction a few months ago. With that they had to demolish the building and rebuild an entire new show building and that is opening spring of 2011. With TF they don't need to do that. It should be here mid-late summer 2011.

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                            I would have very mixed feelings if I were a USH fan. Transformers is bound to be impressive, but a park like USH can't really afford to lose two attractions for one. Its list of attractions is already pretty dinky.
                            Everytime i've gone to UNI, guests tend to stay away from that corner. It's like the park ends at Mummy. I think its the best location for a super transformers ride and will eat more people up than Backdraft or the Effects stages.

Comment

NICE! I had my doubts until I saw this artwork, I am going to miss the Special Effects stage, And backdraft was pretty cool, warm but cool. I think this is going to be an awsome update to the park, I am a believer!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X